New busa, new exhaust, one question

quikbusa

Donating Member
Registered
Hey everyone,

I have been a member for awhile, but never posted, never had a busa. I just bought a 06 Blk/Gry last month. It already has 820 miles on it. I live in Florida
smile.gif
I just ordered R22 Yoshi cans. (Bolt-ons). Here is the question: I have heard mixed emotions about air filters and power commanders. I am not interestred (yet) about getting all the power I can from this bike. Will it effect gas mileage and drivability? Thanks for the input.

Ill post pics when I install the exhaust.

Hi quikbusa, here is the information I recieved from G-Force.
Hayabusa's are an unusual animal in that they can react to cans (Any brand) very differently. Although they are mass produced and therefore assumed to all be the same they do not seem to be.

We could get 10 brand new from a crate and they would all respond in different ways...?

They have a very good fuel injection system that in 9 out of 10 cases re-maps itself nicely and you will have good response.

However occasionally we get a strange response with either underfueling or over fueling.

To be honest the best way to deal with it is to fit the cans and see how it responds in the first 30 minutes....leave it running for 5 minutes for the brain to re-jig and then take it for a spin. YOU will know (More than any body else...as its YOUR machine and you are used to its little ways) if it is good straight away.

If nothing is negative at all...then great...you have a good bike!

But if there is any missing or backfiring or the bike dies on low throttle then you may need to have it set up or re-mapped.

All in all...as I have said...it doesn't matter what brand of pipes you choose...it will be the same outcome.[/QUOTE]  

It worked on my scooter
biggrin.gif

ps drivability is normal, as for gas mileage its a Busa ?

I don't think you'll lose Fuel Mileage with bolt ons. You will lose a little with full system PCIII w/map I went from average (being nice not alot of full throttle) 40-45 to 50 on highway now averaging 37-42 not sure about highway yet I'll know this weekend so really not a big difference Now if I twist that right wrist alot, it drops very quickly
wink.gif

Welcome to the Site
beerchug.gif
, and no you will not lose mileage with just bolt ons. I would keep the stock air filter because unless you really do breathing mods the stock filter seems to work best
idea.gif

Congrats. It may take a bit for the FI to smooth out when you get the cans on. I had some concern for a minute but then all was good.

busa_3.jpg

I heard the fi may act funny for a bit. hbr, I love the devil cans. How much did you lower the bike. I am thinking some chrome wheels would look good on the gray/blk. What undertail do you have?

Back