New Busa Owner From Tx

The_dude

Registered
Hey guys

Glad to be here. Just bought an 05 busa last week and by God am I in love with it. Just 2 quick questions I've had about it.
1. Is shifting into second always an unsure thing? I've sometimes shifted into 2nd and it's fallen out of gear. Something to do to fix it or am I just not shoving it in gear hard enough?
2. Could someone point me in the right directions for mods? Only mods I know mine has is a yoshi exhaust and a stretch. Wanted to do power commander and lower it.
Pics of said busa.
IMG_20160401_192016.jpg

:welcome: to the board and congrats on buying the best color combo ever :beerchug:

you've also got a double bubble windscreen and probably an aftermarket undertail of some type

you definitely have to make sure to bump it really good to get into second...it takes a while to get used to it but if it's only doing it occasionally, I would guess you're just not being firm enough with it

there are tons of mods you can do...take a bit to look around and decide what you want to end up with and start making a plan, lots of info around this place!

:welcome:.
Nice looking bike. Like Simi said if it only pops out of second when you shift then your being to gentle with it. If it pops out of second during hard acceleration then you may have a bigger problem. How many miles does she have on her?

As far as mods go the sky and your wallet are the limit.

Last edited:
Thanks all, thanks for the 2nd gear clarification. She had 15k on her when I bought. I'm in West Texas

Welcome!! That 05 color combo was the very first Busa I saw up close and personal, it is still owned by a good friend of mine. It made a great first impression!! Congrats!!

San Angelo you say . Spent a few weeks there last month on business. Ill be in Medina on my Hayabusa this month 21st through 24th

Awesome looking bike, I think that's the color combo that was on my 05 before previous owner trashed the plastics.
Welcome to the org. I have had no trouble at all with 2nd gear on mine and I have 38K miles on it, I guess I should
consider myself lucky..!! :-)

Back