New A☆ supertechs and high speed vibrations

Blacksmith

Registered
I got the Supertechs and had my first ride in them today. They are really comfortable and as good as claimed but they are STIFF too! Especially getting under the shifter, I didn't realize how big the change would be going from my low boots to these things and will def take some breaking in but thanks to everyone that advised going for these boots.
I thought I'd learn how to launch this beast on some private back roads but that didnt work as well as I'd hoped so I just decided to stretch her out a little for the first time since having her back on the road. I've run up top about 115-120 but today I ran to 150 and noticed a bit of vibration that started around 130. Is it normal to start a vibration in the triple digits just from higher speeds or do I have a problem?

When you say vibration, is it a buzz in the pegs and bars or all through the bike?
I want to say it's through the whole bike. It's not real bad it's just something I don't remember feeling before but it's been a while since I broke 130. I have new Michelins front and rear I don't think it's an unbalanced tire

Could be wheel bearings, a slightly misaligned chain or rear tire which would cause the rear disc to be slightly misaligned, once the speed goes up, it is amazing what seemingly small thing can cause and issue.

At higher speeds, it could even be something as simple as how you are sitting on the bike and how your body is reacting with the slip-stream. For instance, my helmet works excellently up to around 120, after that, it creates a huge helmet turbulence/vibration due to (I'm thinking) the top vent.

At higher speeds, it could even be something as simple as how you are sitting on the bike and how your body is reacting with the slip-stream. For instance, my helmet works excellently up to around 120, after that, it creates a huge helmet turbulence/vibration due to (I'm thinking) the top vent.
I have noticed that my new Shoei is way different and less forgiving at triple digits than my AGV was, I have to be ticked in pretty tight and looking dead ahead or the wind jerks my head around. Im wondering about my chain honestly. I only have 17k on her but I assume it's the original chain at 10 years old

Last edited:
Back