Need your help Please

Sergeant Busa

Registered
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on buying my first Hayabusa and seeking advice on this bike and price. I have located a 2006 Burgundy/Black Hayabusa here in Indiana at a local dealership. The bike is from a single owner who bought it in 2007 and has just 1,966 miles on it. The bike also has a Yoshimura RS-3 4-2-1 slip-on exhaust on it and has a power commander under the rear seat. The bike is mint and does not have a scratch on it. The dealer has the original exhaust, owner's manual, and rear seat hump. The dealer has also offered to redo the first service and give me a 30 day 50/50 major warranty. I go back in two days to test ride it when it is warmer and if all goes well we have agreed on $6900 plus sales tax. What do you all think? Good Deal? Thanks in advance, Sgt. Busa

Welcome to the oRg, I have seen 08's selling for 7500 and up, but it is really dependent on what you think of the bike. She sounds like she is still new with few mods to boot. I dont think I could let my 05 go for less than 6000, so that may not be a bad price. Call your bank and find out what the loan value is, clean retail, and trade in. That might give you a good idea of the market value.

Pretty good deal considering from a dealer and you know the history, plus getting parts back. What do you mean by 50/50 warranty? You split all major repairs? Or 50 day 50 mile? Just confused when you say 30 day 50/50.

Some will say you can find newer ones at about the same price, but they are not exactly frequent. And if this one is mint and jumps out at you, looks like a great deal. :beerchug: End of the day remember, you are the one who needs to be happy, no one else.

Whatever you do....Pics :rulez::welcome:

That sounds like a good deal I picked my 04 le up two yrs ago for 7500 with 2600 miles ackropovic full exaust, sliders, k$n and power commander

I almost purchased a 2006 Busa from a dealer in Valpraiso. I 'm wondering if this is the same one your looking at.

1.jpg

FYI 4-2-1 is a full exhaust, not a slip-on. Price is about right for mods and mileage. Not a screaming deal, but if it's clean and what you want, you're not getting taken advantage of by any means.

Take it from one who was on the other side of the desk for too long.
Go in look the bike over. Take your wife, your kids, your whole frickin family.
Y'all are all smiling ear to ear.
Go slow show them all about it and let the dealer stand back and clap hands as
'look he brought the whole family in. its a deal for sure'

Ride it .
The whole time say NOTHING about $ and dont let them rush you in to a close.
After your happy with the bike go in sit down and offer them 6750 out the door.
LOOK THE GUY DEAD IN THE FACE when you say it.
If hes smart he will at least take your offer to his mgr.

See what happens. Work em for a little more.
Certainly not gonna come back and ask you to leave.
Although when I sold my mgr did sometimes tear up the customers offer and make me go back in with the pieces....:laugh:
Tax here is 6% thats $414 bucks plus the $150 you took off the 6900.
I think they have to have a least that much profit left in the deal.
Is this their first offer to you or have you already nibbled the numbers down ?
What was original asking price or advertised price ?

The warranty is nice but these things are pretty much bullet proof from what others say.
If it doesnt overheat or blow on a nice test ride I dont think it will within 30 days ?

Thanks for the replies. The warranty is 50/50 on any major repairs for the first 30 days.

I'm sorry bro. I would have to disagree.

1. The 30 day warranty is basically 0 warranty, nothing really happens under 30 days, the dealer knows the trends they're not stupid.

2. Not to knock the 1st Gens, but if you add another thousand you can get yourself a Gen II and ride a better bike. In the long run when it comes to resale you're better off. 1999 design vs 2008 design the Generations are a decade apart.

3. Keep on shopping around, its out there.

The price sounds like it is a little high to me. I would push the dealer to get a better price on the bike. The warranty doesn't do anything for me. I have heard to many stories where the dealer doesn't honor the warranty because the say the part that broke was a wear and tear item. Good luck with getting the right bike for you.

Go with the GenII if you can, you won't be dissapointed. Good luck with your decision :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the advice guys. All things considered, I went ahead and bought it! I guess if you look hard enough you will always find something better and the GEN II was out of my price range. Was able to ride it just a little bit today before work and WOW what a bike. Never have been on a Busa before, but had a V-max. Was actually easier to ride then I thought it would be :laugh:

busa5.jpg

busa2.jpg

busa5.jpg

busa2.jpg

Glad you are happy with it. Now get your checkbook and customize her to your taste. You will love the bike.

Back