Need Service Manual (allready searched)

RRDugas

Registered
anybody hook me up with a service manual pdf that's up to date, i've tried to download it from 20 different sites and all of em are out of date/banned/url error/ or whatever!! I am pulling my cam tensioner and thought i better double check a few things before i go pulling things apart
laugh.gif

Whacha need on the CCT?

Remove the oil line from top of CCT. Remove the center tension bolt, be careful not to lose the spring or tension rod that's in there. Remove the 2 mounting bolts. CCT slides right out.

Whacha need on the CCT?  

Remove the oil line from top of CCT.  Remove the center tension bolt, be careful not to lose the spring or tension rod that's in there.  Remove the 2 mounting bolts.  CCT slides right out.
that's what i was thinkin but a got a call as i was taking it apart to STOP!  the manual says u need to put it to tdc and secure ur cams before u pull it!  so i'm not exactly sure that my problem is my cct so i figured i better go ahead and get a manual before i go too much deeper into the motor!!  
rock.gif
       don't wanna cause myself any unnecessary loss of seat time on a bike i've had less than a weeK!!!!
laugh.gif

As long as you don't turn the crank; you should be fine. When you reinstall the CCT, all the slack in the chain will be taken back up.

Now, if you plan on removing the upper cam chain guide and/or the cams, then putting at TDC will help in the re installation of the cams (make it a little faster), but it's not mandatory.

As long as you don't turn the crank; you should be fine.  When you reinstall the CCT, all the slack in the chain will be taken back up.

Now, if you plan on removing the upper cam chain guide and/or the cams, then putting at TDC will help in the re installation of the cams (make it a little faster), but it's not mandatory.
thanks mang, i did remove the upper tensioner and have since turned the engine over so i'm gonna double check to make sure i didn't pull it out of time. i wanna go over my valves and double check my clearance while i have it apart as well. hoping the tensioner is my problem!! wish me luck

Back