What do ya'll know about mcct and acct?

Busa_05

Busa Legend
Donating Member
Registered
Alright ... been reading about the apparently "notorious" problems with Zuk's cam chains and lots a folks apparently recommend a few things:

1) Ditching the automatic cam chain tensioner as it can consitently over tighten the cam chain causing, over time, a stretched and weak chain. Which screws up your timing and god forbid if it snaps.

2) Because of item number "they" reccomend replacing the ACCT with a manual cam chain tensioner

3) "they" also recommend checking your valves' clearance and cams/chain WAAAY before the service manual reccomendations ... at like 5 to 7,000 miles

What do you all think about this? I hadn't heard a thing about it until one of my fanatical friends wouldn't shut the hell up about it
laugh.gif
, so I started researching it a little bit. It appears to be a fairly common position, but I've never seen anyone on here talking about it. Second of all, checking and adjusting the valves/cams/chain is beyond my level of "comfortableness" with mechanical issues with the bikes. How much would that service cost? Anyone have an idea?

Any input on this?

Back