Need HOUSTON shops

ALLshow.NOgo

Registered
Any local Houston brothers know of a great shop I can take the bike to get the
transmission fixed? It is the infamous 2nd gear problem. Lets just say it is 2
shift forks and the second gear, can someone give me avg price/or link me to
some great shops I can call? TY much.

Your main cost will be the shop pulling the engine and reinstalling it. Pull the engine yourself if possible. That will save you atleast $1K in repair bills.

trust me if I had the tools I would attempt to do this. I am all about saving money!!
I am not the one paying for it, my boss has chosen to sponsor my project.
He gave me a number to a shop local so I will call that.

I did get a quote from AJ Foyt cycle. 750$ labor + parts so about a grand?

Man you really need to make the trek up here to Pflugerville and let Johnny do that instead of some shop where you do not know who is going to be working on your bike.

hey rubber! do you know what he charges? could it be done in a weekend?
Not sure what he charges give him a call man. All I know is that I would rather have him do it and know all is going to be well than some rookie mechanic at a shop like AJ Foyt do trust them fools as far as I can throw them

Johnny Cheese Preformance
512-767-4273

Lol I what you mean. makes sense to have a mechanic such as him to do the work and trust his work
rather than a shop with a 50/50 chance maybe. I will give him a ring tomorrow! Thanks rubber2burn

i called but this number is not correct
sad.gif

Well, you can try Motorcycles Unlimited located on 1960 a few miles west of I45. I have met many riders who speak very highly of them. They are also a sponsor of motohouston.com. I don't have any firsthand experience but it might be worth a try and they are in Houston.

Back