Need help with drag strip

OB_Mike P

Registered
Help, wanting to get better at the track!! I have 176 rwh and looking for anyones advice... What rpm I usually leave at 7 but spin through 1-2 with the front lowered and about 22psi pressure in front.. I heard 4 is the number?? Also what gearing for it?? I just lowered the rear 3 inches and hope it will help Wed night.. Help anyone would be grateful!!!!
Mike

Mike, put your air pressure back to where it should be in the front tire. You need to make your air adjustments to the rear tire.

You need to find out what gear and rpm your going through the traps at...this will help Me...help you.

You could probably drop your air pressure in the rear tire as low as 12pds if you need to.

If you made the adjustments you say you did and and you get it down to 12pds in the rear tire and your still having trouble spining...START softening the rear suspenion up!
First try going down with the dampeners(softer). Go 3 clicks at a time per pass untill you get to the softest setting.

If you make it down to the softest setting and your still having trouble spinning...it's time to START loosening the rear shock spring. Go about 1 thread at a time.
KEEP an eye on the rear fender to make sure it's not rubbing.

Let Me know how you do...!

Frank,

Sorry I meant 22psi in the rear... I was running the rear at full hard but now I am setting it at about 6 out on the bottom and 4 on the rear so far.. but not had a chance to run it till this coming wed to see how the 3 inch drop in the rear helps.. I believe the times off the top of my head are 60' at 1.702 and the 1/8 is like 6.50 and mph is 117.39 and my best run so far at the 1/4 is like 9.86 at 146.13mph. not to good I know just starting the Drag racing thing!!! I also think I am just getting into 4 at the lights ..Have a 2 up sprocket in the rear and stock front!! Help Im dying to run better, with this much power tell me where Im going wrong anyone!!!!
Thanks, Mike

OMIGOD! You drag racers do everything different! Road racers do it harder! Longer too! HAHAHA! Could not pass on that one....but seriously, I feel like I am running on a flat if my air preesure gets down to the mid 30's, never mind 16! How do you guys go that fast on such soft squrimy tires!? You ain't crashen, so I guess it gets back to learning to trust your tires...?

Back