Need help please!

Pop

Prairie Rider
Donating Member
Registered
I bought an aftermarket undertail and installed it yesterday. When I tried to install the new lights I found out the instructions were totally jacked up! There were no orange wires on the Busa'a harness for example. Anyway I tried to do the best I could. I got the running lights, the brake lights, just fine. However I tried everything I could but I could not get the lights to blink independantly when either of the turn signal indicators were ingaged. Both lights blinked not just one! The attachment will give you an idea of what I am talking about. There were no other wires included. Just the undertail and the 2 led's. Please help

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....WN%3AIT

I'm thinking you got jipped bro..I don't even see anything for turn signals..All the other undertails i looked at,atleast have small leds on the sides for turn signals.

Not if this will be any help. but if u pull the plugs on each of ur turn signal leads from ur stock system (before the undertail), u can expose part of the wire and "test" them to see exactly which one is the power wire. Do this by simply putting a volt tester on the wire, turning on that particular signal, and simply testing to see if it is the one getting the sequential non continuous power. Once u determine for each signal which one is the wire gettin the "juice", i believe u can simply runa little jumper wire from that lead to the proper LED on ur new undertail and that should give u the signaling u are desiring.

I used a tester to re-wire mine so I would know what wire was what .

yeah, like frisbee said...a small tester at AutoZone is like 3 bucks! Just ground it to a bolt on the frame or somethin and put it on exposed wire. If it lights UP!, u got juice....easy to test the turn signals sine it will make the light on the tester flash with the signals repetition.

I think that you are going to need a tail light intergrater... like for a car when you are going to hook up a trailer to it... that would be the cheapest way to go... there isnt a way to make the lights blink independantly with out one because of the way the rest of the wiring is hooked up for the brakes and running lights to work... go to a trailer shop, lowes or home depot and get one... they are cheap and the directions are straight foward.

I think that you are going to need a tail light intergrater... like for a car when you are going to hook up a trailer to it... that would be the cheapest way to go... there isnt a way to make the lights blink independantly with out one because of the way the rest of the wiring is hooked up for the brakes and running lights to work... go to a trailer shop, lowes or home depot and get one... they are cheap and the directions are straight foward.
+1 good luck

Back