need help getting gas tank off.

dreamwalker

Registered
Hey guys. I have all of my fairings and fenders off now, I have the gas tank almost all the way of but I cant figure out how the 2 hoses at the lower right hand side of the tank come off. They look like they should just slide off but they are not budging. I dont want these things to snap or tear. Im hoping that someone here has a better way than me just using ignorance and brute force. I have an 05 if that makes a difference. Thanks for any help you guys can give.

No claps ? Try twisting, sometimes with age they can become attached. The twisting should break that loose. I've never removed them.

Cut them off and get new ones. you can get them at any parts store cheap

You might check the drawings. All the vacuum lines associated with the airbox have them.

I'm saying when you put it back together.

Those two hoses on the right side are for overflow and venting. They just run down the frame. Every time I remove my tank, I just leave the hoses attached...just pull them with the tank.

Right on ! Thanks guys this is exactly what I needed to know. Ill post pics when it all gets back from the paint shop.

Those two hoses on the right side are for overflow and venting. They just run down the frame. Every time I remove my tank, I just leave the hoses attached...just pull them with the tank.

I left mine on too but the tards didnt tape them off prior to painting. Caused them to crack and break:banghead:

Picture 957.jpg

Picture 961.jpg

Picture 1056.jpg

Man you guys are sick with the help!!! Thanks. I did just leave them on. Guys at the shop said no worries that they would just work with them on. Looks like Ill be about 3 to 4 weeks until I get everything back. I would tell you guys what I'm having done but I don't want to ruin the suprise. I can only hope that it turns out the way that we have it planned. If not .............:firing:

mymaster, your photos show a California tank which is different than the other states. No check valves etc and the nibs are pointed in different directions. I found this out when I bought 04 49 state plastic to replace my 03 California plastic. Removed all the smog stuff and just ran the vent and overflow lines down the frame as described. Much cleaner. :beerchug:

Back