Need Help Busa want start F12 code

Busa-Tamer

Registered
Hello Busa Lovers

I'm having a issue with my bike not starting. First off I have a 1999 hayabusa I got a good deal on a motor 06 with 5,000 miles on it. I've installed the engine knowing mine was a 16 bit ECU. So I used my magneto, and rotor from the old engine. I've used a multimeter and checked all points from magneto to ecu all seem to be showing within acceptable range are on the point any number specified in the manual. every time I go to crank her up she want start and I get a F12 code. I've read post of the 16 bit and 32 bit ECU. From my understanding if rotor,wire harness, and ECU is all the same 32 or 16 there shouldn't be a problem. What else can I check or change to eliminate this issue and start my baby up PLEASE HELP

THANKS in ADVANCE

1st off it should be a c code. Are you sure you are pulling the codes correctly? Are you jumping the dealer mode connector at the tail section?

He changed the crank rotor. That's all that really necessary. He's probably left something unplugged somewhere. You can take an 06 motor, put the 99-01 flywheel in it and pop it straight into a 99-01 with no other changes.
Crankshaft position sensor. There's a thread on 16 to 32 bit change out

He changed the crank rotor. That's all that really necessary. He's probably left something unplugged somewhere. You can take an 06 motor, put the 99-01 flywheel in it and pop it straight into a 99-01 with no other changes.

I did exactly that changed motors and rotor. So everything was 16 bit so much thanks to the post on 16 and 32. At 1st I didn't swap the rotors was getting a c12 code my mistake confusing with the fi light for an f12 code. then changed rotors was still getting code c12. I have checked from CPS all wires to the ecu with a multimeter reader. Everything checks out fine according to manual. everything's plugged correctly. Bike was running with original motor with 56,000 miles on it b4 swap.

replace the stator assembly
I did exactly that changed motors and rotor. So everything was 16 bit so much thanks to the post on 16 and 32. At 1st I didn't swap the rotors was getting a c12 code my mistake confusing with the fi light for an f12 code. then changed rotors was still getting code c12. I have checked from CPS all wires to the ecu with a multimeter reader. Everything checks out fine according to manual. everything's plugged correctly. Bike was running with original motor with 56,000 miles on it b4 swap.

It doesn't matter either will work properly. Unless he put a bad one on it.

1St off let me say thank you to every one who's had input to my situation. Changing the two motors out was a piece of cake. I have the service manual for the bike. It's walked me thru it easily. Alto the book doesn't explain the difference between 16 bit and 32 bit these forums help me to realize 1st reason for the c12 code was I had a 32 bit rotor with original 99 everything else. So I switched the 16 bit rotor and hope it would crank. After not cranking I went back to the book checked every point from the crank shaft position sensor to the ecu. Everything checked out fine according to the manual ohms,volts,etc,. So if I still have to replace the magneto how often do they go bad. Bike was cranking with this magneto b4 swap. Its a $200 part

do you have the stator from the 06? if so use it. also when you remove the stator cover again look and make sure you didn't damage anything during the swap. where do you live?
1St off let me say thank you to every one who's had input to my situation. Changing the two motors out was a piece of cake. I have the service manual for the bike. It's walked me thru it easily. Alto the book doesn't explain the difference between 16 bit and 32 bit these forums help me to realize 1st reason for the c12 code was I had a 32 bit rotor with original 99 everything else. So I switched the 16 bit rotor and hope it would crank. After not cranking I went back to the book checked every point from the crank shaft position sensor to the ecu. Everything checked out fine according to the manual ohms,volts,etc,. So if I still have to replace the magneto how often do they go bad. Bike was cranking with this magneto b4 swap. Its a $200 part

do you have the stator from the 06? if so use it. also when you remove the stator cover again look and make sure you didn't damage anything during the swap. where do you live?

I'm in Arlington Texas. I'm purchasing a new stator in the morning. motor was a bare motor no starter or stator cover. Just gonna take ur advice and buy a new one in the morning. Even tho mine tested good with the multimeter Its the only thing that give a f12 code. Nothing looked damaged during testing

Thanks for ur help will keep u informed.

what happened?
I'm in Arlington Texas. I'm purchasing a new stator in the morning. motor was a bare motor no starter or stator cover. Just gonna take ur advice and buy a new one in the morning. Even tho mine tested good with the multimeter Its the only thing that give a f12 code. Nothing looked damaged during testing

Thanks for ur help will keep u informed.

what happened?

Nothing serious purchased bike for low low price had 51,000 mile on it purchased a 06 motor with 5,000 miles couldn't pass that kind of of deal up. going to go thru the old engine my race mechanic get me a rolling chassis and have a race bike is my next plan. So im looking to end up with 2 busa for less then 8 grand after motor work for the track.

I'm not saying you're wrong but I have swapped all the years of Stators between all the years of Busas 99 to 07 and never had an issue. I have put 99's in 07's and 07's in 99s and use the same stator with the motors and only swapped the Crank rotor.
The crank trigger wire are reversed on the older stators!

OK now I'm stomped. Changed complete magneto system only to still get a c12 code. ECU is good. The stator cover itself shouldn't have anything to do with it should it.

Check your connectors and make sure there is no damage. Make sure the connectors for the stator are plugging all the way in. And plugging straight into the harness on the bike with no added boxes or modules tht didn't come factory on it.
OK now I'm stomped. Changed complete magneto system only to still get a c12 code. ECU is good. The stator cover itself shouldn't have anything to do with it should it.

I'm new and don't know as much as these guys but I thought f codes meant fuel pump or something to that matter. At least that's what the dealer told me on my RC. When all else fails "Google" it.. sorry if I'm wrong..oh PS.....you guys from the carolinas will you be at bike week in may? Sorry for hacking your page

Back