Need ECU

Kman0066

Registered
Two parts

1.) If anyone has an ECU for a Gen II busa for sale, please let me know.

2.) If you hook up a jumper wire in place of the pair valve (no resistor), your ECU will smoke, and then explode. (Yeah, I said explode. The ECU is no longer in one piece.).:banghead:

I removed the valve, so it throws a code. I've used a resistor in the past for previous bikes, but I was reading through several posts where people were saying they just jumped the connector with a paperclip or wire. Well, I guess that'll teach me about reading stuff on the internet. It really felt like a bad idea doing it, but I just had to do it. I'm so incredibly pissed at myself now.

Here is a picture. I've pulled some of the plastic away that was broken and took out some of the bubbling black stuff, sorry I don't have a picture of the original damage. Maybe this will earn me some sympathy points with someone who has an extra ECU laying around...

155971799_photobucket_53172_.jpg

Wow, ECU Editor would have been alot cheaper.

Yeah...ya know there really is nothing better after doing something stupid (and admitting it to everyone so they don't make the same mistake) than being called stupid!

Nice job jefro! :clap:

Yeah...ya know there really is nothing better after doing something stupid (and admitting it to everyone so they don't make the same mistake) than being called stupid!

Nice job jefro! :clap:

I didn't call him stupid-you did. If I offended Kman0066 I apologize, it wasn't my intent-we've all done things that were "stupid". Guess the point I was trying to make was that alot of people aren't aware of the many features available with the ECU Editor and how easy it is to disable the PAIR, tip over sensor, speed limiter, raise the rev limit, etc. even if you're not using it to tune the A/F curve. If all you want to do is disable the PAIR Greg offers the resistor in a plug-in for $14.95 Pair Valve Eliminator Plug. As far as replacing the ECU, the factory wants an arm and a leg for 'em so it would be best to check out Ebay and CL for someone parting out a Gen II to find one reasonable.

There is a young lady in Gulfport (member here) parting out an 08 send her a pm. I think it might be BusaJyles.

Wish I would have seen this earlier I had an extra ECU you could have gotten. I sold it on psychobike this weekend.

I didn't call him stupid-you did. If I offended Kman0066 I apologize, it wasn't my intent-we've all done things that were "stupid". Guess the point I was trying to make was that alot of people aren't aware of the many features available with the ECU Editor and how easy it is to disable the PAIR, tip over sensor, speed limiter, raise the rev limit, etc. even if you're not using it to tune the A/F curve. If all you want to do is disable the PAIR Greg offers the resistor in a plug-in for $14.95 Pair Valve Eliminator Plug. As far as replacing the ECU, the factory wants an arm and a leg for 'em so it would be best to check out Ebay and CL for someone parting out a Gen II to find one reasonable.

+1000 on the ecu editor

Back