Nashville Tracknight Fri 13th

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
I must be crazy... Friday 13th..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg

Man I forgot it is Friday the 13th....I'd say break a leg, but given the date I better shut up.:poke:

I wanted to make this one but been busy working on my private pilot this summer and that pretty much ate all my trackday money. I'll be back on it come fall and sub-100 degree days. Ride safe!

Is that at Nashville Speedway ?
They have a road course ?

I miss Nashville .
Take a gopro ride thru Percy Warner Park for me one day .
Nashvillles Dragon :)

Well survived the first session track hot. Cooling vest WORKED I am envy of track!

Made it to break; few crashes but thankfully not me. Control rider helped me with lines some very grateful. Soon it will be dark!

Am I doing it right?

Oh, to Tufbusa who is out doing trackday i'n WA wher it's only 80:

We may be screwed thunderstorm building nearby lot of lightning...

We may be screwed thunderstorm building nearby lot of lightning...

I survived look ma no busted parts. Willl have video tomorrow!

Here's a little more thorough report (I was posting via iPhone and tapatalk)...

Had a great time. It was HOT; my timer was showing 104 in the pit building.

COOLING VEST ROCKED! I put it in my cooler and covered it with ice; at the first call I would wring it out, put it on over my UnderArmour, then put my Icon Armor on and zip up and go out on the grid...for at least half the session I'd stay cool and comfy while everyone else was obviously burning up. When I'd come off the track I'd put it back in the cooler (steam would rise off it)..I am VERY HAPPY I tried it and it's gonna make more summer trackdays possible. Best $34 summer gear purchase I've ever made.

When I was there in April, they had just put down sealer on the track, and it was slicker than whale snot. Since then it had worn down some, and was not much of an issue, although I chose a line to stay off them as much as possible except to cross. STT warned everyone that the track might be slick and to be careful; last year 8 people wrecked before it got dark and did not get to ride under the lights...maybe only 4-6 (normal) this time. I was probably about the slowest intermediate rider..the track record is about a minute, and my best time was 1:30:00...I think I hit that exact time at least 6 different laps trying to get under 1:30. I started in the back just about every time and rode my own ride - I was still thinking about my runoff/crash and did not under any circumstances what to repeat. Got passed a LOT and think I only passed someone once. My Q2's held up perfectly; not once did they ever spook me. A very impressive tire.

We broke for dinner from 7-8 PM; During that time a big storm cell started growing just South of the Track with lots of lightning/wind. Was sure we were gonna get it, but it never did rain.

We did have to wait an extra hour for the lightning to quit (lost one session), then it was time to gear up and head out under the lights.

Riding under the lights is a unique experience. It was much cooler/comfortable and I did not need my vest. The lights, refelections and shadows are a little disconcerting at first, but you don't all the imperfections in the track surface, and therefore don't spend as much time worrying about them. I remaind cautious as I was determined to get thru this trackday without crashing, but I felt more confident (but no faster) as the night went on. The track photographer was out with his camera and a strobe in a good spot, so there ought to be some really cool pics up soon. I wore my GoPro HD on my helmet in the last session; I'm working on editing the video down now but will take a while with the PoS computer I'm using.

Rode 4 night sessions and finished about 11:15. Packed up and got home about 1 AM. Family responsibilities prevented me from doing it again on Saturday night. Pretty sore on SAT.

Coming and doing this unique event is HIGHLY recommended it was a BLAST!

Back