My Sons High School Drum Line Cadance.

BlondeOnaBusa

Just call me B.O.B
Registered
This was taken last Friday before the football game. My son is the Snare drummer next to the bass drums.

Right On! Thats was FUN! never get tired of hearing some good drums!

Great Job..!! takes after his parents!!
My boy just started percussion last year, he's still stuck on Cymbals..but gettting better all the time. He wants the base drum or the quads...

My boy just started percussion last year, he's still stuck on Cymbals..but gettting better all the time. He wants the base drum or the quads...

Colt started in PIT on the Marumba.We bought him a snare so he could practice and it paid off in spades. He had to compete against 2 others for that spot and got it!! I bet your son will be on the quads soon. If they want it bad enough they will make it happen.

I've always love the drum line and I guess he has too. This pic was taken when he was 3 with the Million Dollar Band at the University of Alabama. They were kind enough to let him be a part of their practice one day.

Lil colt 001.jpg

No such thing as being "stuck on Cymbals". I played Cymbals in Junior/Senior H.S. Being from New Orleans, the Cymbals make the show when it comes to free-style half-time show performance. The key is in encouraging him. He'll be fine. I started off on snare while in Elem. School. If he's heart-set on Bass, tell him to grab a set of mallets and take his spot on the line. The section leader should see his enthusiam and either work with him or send him in another direction. Either way, he's headed in the right direction. :thumbsup:

In free style marching the cymbals can have alot of fun. My schools weren't very showy. I have a folder of music dedicated to drum cadences on my computer.

Back