My new levers came with *free* added security feature bonus

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Bought some sweet new adjustable levers.OK,cool. Install them,cool. Later go to start up and ride. Pull clutch...nothing.No turnie over.:banghead:
I'm no tech guru or anything but how hard can it be to re/re some levers
So I figure it must have something to do with the quality of these "off-shore" products. Before I drive myself crazy with removal and head scratching I say to myself "Rubb,maybe there is not enuff throw to activate the clutch safety switch." Well one of my multiple personalities nails it. I like my clutch to engage qwik so I had it set to "1" Well I set it to "5" bingo,motor comes to life.
So now I can roll up anywhere,turn the key off,and walk away.
Yup,just leave the key in the ignition. Why,'cause my new Busa Anti-theft device is in Anti-dirt bag-thief MODE. :D The scenario: Dirt bag approachs...spots key in the ignition...begins to salivate
he's thinking "I got this.I know how bikes work,just turn the key on,pull clutch and I'll be the proud new owner of a sweet ride."
Ahhhh...nope.

GREEN ARROW Clutch adjustment set where I like it.Clutch engages within 1 or 2 MM. Bike runs fine,but will not start in this position.
BLUE LINE Lever has to be set to here for bike to start.
Am I a Hayabusa Tech Genius ? Or just some lucky shmuck?

That's ^ rhetorical
Added BONUS...walking up on said dirt-bad as he gets even more and more frustrated.

He's thinkin' I have key.

"Hello dirtbag,my names Rubb,are you having trouble starting your bike?"

"Let me help you with that pal."

Rubb.

Man I'm glad I rescued the '05 before you could tart it all up. :lol:
OK,great idea. When yer new Hayabusa get's here we collaborate and build something awesome. You know,half my idea's and half yours. Just think of the possibilities. I like my Busa's all black and gnarly goth...and you like yours...well....
I think it could work....

Rubb.

Back