My HID install

just be aware that the switch method can be a bit trouble some if you try to hide it. I place mine in the right side black cover from the faring, facing towards the frame... great until I had to lock the bars to the right, the forktube will hi the switch and turn off the light.... fix it with addin a spacer in the back to bring the switch in just to clear the fork...

Tried the search....what is this Euroswitch? ???

The euro switch is hard to get in the USA, but if you have contacts on the other side of the pond, you can get the euro switches. If I remember correctly, the euro guys actually have a switch on the right side that allows them to manually turn the headlights on and off.

Great thread. I'm doing my install as we speak. Got the 8k bulbs.
WTF! an H& and a HB3! two different bilbs for low and hig. Couldnt they keep it consistent???

I installed a low profile light switch on mine. Will button it up tomorrow and post some pics of the circuitry. Light switch is simpler than that ugly box! LOL

what about the PMR switch? I think thats the name of it anyway. Can those handle the current?
Posted via Mobile Device

Not sur what a pmr is but you should use a relay cause the stock wiring, especially the ground wires to the original bulbs, are to thin.

Personally, and again on another HID thread, i use a switch. Have 3 of the DEI timers from previous work, most guys I did installs for liked the switch better. Guess it gives you the option of turning them on & off when you want, so you don't blind guys when pulling into a group or running hi's alone or whatever. my 2 cents

Now that I've had it installed for several months, the only issue I have is remembering to turn of the frikkin switch prior to startup.. I've been starting a motorcycle the same dam way for 31 years now.. kinda hard to change old habits.:whistle:

Other than that..the sucker works great!

A recommendation when wiring up a switch like that, use heat shrink all the way up over the terminal screws as well, or opt for a marine grade type switch.

Back