My first gen 2 hayabusa, dont feel right , ???

Robbie p

Registered
Hi all , just wondered if anyone could help. Brought my first gen 2 hayabusa last week and took it around the estate just to try it because weather still terrible so didn't want to go far.
I found the bike seems to be dropping really bad when go a round a corner when just ride slow and fighting it to keep up , is this normal or is there a problem,

Welcome.....

The Hayabusa is known for it's lack of low speed prowess....how slow are we talking here? Walking speed or less?

As we know zero about your particular bike, it would be impossible to diagnose if there is in fact a problem...

Check tire pressure and I take it the tires are new so wouldn't be cupped or worn....

That being said, according to the video (and many others like it) below, the Hayabusa can be man-handled

Hi all , just wondered if anyone could help. Brought my first gen 2 hayabusa last week and took it around the estate just to try it because weather still terrible so didn't want to go far.
I found the bike seems to be dropping really bad when go a round a corner when just ride slow and fighting it to keep up , is this normal or is there a problem,
She's a fat piggy, so it takes some body positioning to the outside of the corner when doing too slow a turn. Look up the Japanese Gymkhana videos of guys on Gen2 if you want to see what top level control is at low speeds.

She's a fat piggy, so it takes some body positioning to the outside of the corner when doing too slow a turn. Look up the Japanese Gymkhana videos of guys on Gen2 if you want to see what top level control is at low speeds.
I attached one already in my post....those guys can ride...

Welcome @Robbie p.

This bike normally acts very balanced in the turns.

What you describe is how a bike acts if the geometry is changed by lowering the front or raising the rear excessively.

Is it original or has there been any damage? A binding fork could cause similar behavior.

Got maintenance records?

Please provide some pics as they could reveal something.

Back