my busa build is about to get a lot more expensive

David Rog

Registered
bought a busa from craigslist that was not running and in boxes. got it running after putting on a cylinder head. now all of a suddon the bike wont start. pop off the fuel line and when i prime the pump there is litterally a very slow trickle of fuel coming out. i pop off the pump and am horrified to what i see the whole inside of the tank has some of the worst scailling i have ever seen. take apart the pump and the cap where the screen sitts is litterally fitted with rust particles. all the wiring is super rusty and my level sender shows E all the time. hoping someone has a good pump assy laying around:please:

whats the best way to clean out all the scailing rust inside the tank??

You might be better off purchasing a new tank, or used. Get a new pump and assembly from Justin at Honda East. Brace yourself, those arent cheap.

its a 2005. i just pressure washed the tank and it actually cleaned up well. i filled it with metal rescue to hopfully dissolve whatever is left in there

the metal rescue stuff is awsome. but im trying to clean out the tank with one gallon so have to keep moving the tank around to clean every corner. stuff really works but $25 a gallon if i were to fill up with 5 gallons i might as well just pick up a used tank. and thanks to loomis i have a pump on the way. should be good to go soon

Back