my bike tried to kill me today

birdaprey

Registered
this is what happened...  I pulled out on to the road and started to pull away... but the busa didn't want to go?
it sputtered and hesitated.. then all of a sudden it took off!!!
the next time I stopped and took off it happened again...

I drained the tank and put new gas in the tank thinking I had got a hold of some bad gas... but it still did it... I have only got around 9,000 miles on the bike (the bike is a 2002)

I belive it has some thing to do will the, (fuel injectors...fuel pump...or fuel filter...) but It only happenes at take off...  once I get above 2000 rpms it runs fine... the bike's idle is at 1100 .

help me out guys........what is wrong with it.... this is the first time this has happened in 3 years..

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126494848 -->

you know I just started thinking ... could it be my battery.
(3 years old but have never had any trouble. is it time to replace it... could this be causing the sputter? )

rock.gif
Hmmmm?

I don't think it should be the battery....

I'd check the fuel system first...then perhaps the plugs followed by the electronics.

A suggestion on SH.org was to go to dealer mode and check the TPS. Weird though. I'm interested in the outcome.

Chris

kinda sounds like fouled plugs ... pull one, if its black and charred looking, thats probably it. I would say its more ignition, fuel delivery system than anything else

I would try to look at it in this order -

a) Check your airfilter, and clean it... in most of the cases, its a clogged air firlter!
b) Replace your Oil Filter if you have not serviced your bike in a long time
c) Check and replace plugs if necessary

If all the does not work, then its some thing to do with your injectors or the fuel pump!! If you have a PC3 USB on your bike... then you can try resetting the TPS, but I doubt that setting your problem right!

kinda sounds like fouled plugs ... pull one, if its black and charred looking, thats probably it.  I would say its more ignition, fuel delivery system than anything else
that was it.... bad plugs.... put new ones just a little bit ago
and she ran just fine!!!

<marquee>.....................
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
........................</marquee>

jump9.gif

Back