My 200 HP Killer Busa...

GSX1360R, I'm with you there, I had an R1 and a Busa for 9 months - I only ever rode the R1 after the Busa was put put of action by a cracked alternator cover - that says something!

I lurve my Busa - not as reliable as the R1 but it's got something I can't quite put my finger on!

How is the day to day drivability of Lees stage 4 motor? Does it run hot at all or require any special tuning tricks? Is it a smooth powerband?

Much love to Adowell, Thradar, Sonic Boom, Rick Phillips, Lantabusa and Cisco San Jose. Hyabya- I have the capability to run the wheel 6" back but right now it launches real hard at 2.5" back and lowered .5" front and rear with exceptional handling... Mabusa, send me your email address for the dyno sheet and RPM Power- day to day driveability is fine so far with the only glitch being the surge at 3K that all Busas have. As far as temperatures are concerned, I'm using the stock antifreeze and my friends can't understand how my temp. needle always reads lower than theirs. Unbelieveable! Plus it has a very smooth powerband with tremendous torque which equates to never really having to twist past 6K because it pulls so hard at the lowest RPMS...

What was done to the R1? The M4's work good on them!! I just put one on a customers bike, curious what the dyno says.

Dave

The R1 dynoed 130 hp stock. Put on M4 pipe with Ivans (Rockland Co. Motorsports) carb needles and got 144 then did away with the stock carbs and put 41mm Keihins on with the Attack Performance Ram Airbox with adjustable cam sprockets and got 150 hp. It would run away from piped Busas but remapped and piped Busas would pull on me... Boy I miss those 140 mph wheelies...

1360R,

Were the needles worth it?? I have heard mixed about them. Attack box is on order, Stanboli is making a new style, have to wait a little while. Your right about the high speed wheelies....

You weren't at Atco last year were ya? I was talking to a guy with a bike just like yours on Sunday.

Dave

Dave O, the needles are the way to go as long as none of your buddies have flat slides and ram air... The needles carburate flawlessly and are a great value at just over $125.00 but for the ultimate in power the 41's with ram air are it.

Back