My 1st real ride on a 08

vman1300

Never Forgotten
At this years Busa Bash, BaBusa graciously offered me his brand spankin' new 08 for a few passes in front of the camera on Hwy 28. Well it did have over 1000 miles so it wasnt that new, lol......

I have been riding the Busa since 1999 and and very comfy putting the machine through a nice set of twisties. I had looked forward to this day for some time....and many thanks to Rich for allowing me a few miles of seat time.

Now for the good:

Suzuki has done their homework on suspension. Both front and rear are much improved over the 1st gen. Heavier riders, maybe 250 plus will benefit with stiffer springs and or a revalve. For the masses, I do believe it will be able to be adjusted to suit most riding styles.

The tranny.....my oh my....how smooth. I simply cannot believe how good the 08 shifts.

The bad:

I know it is petty but I guess I am just that way. Why does the 08 have a standard master, why not a radial pump? That would be one of the 1st mods I would make to bring the brakes up to my liking. The 08 is better, but with the addition of a Brembo Radial, they would be on par with its performance.

Overall the 08 is a great progression of the beloved Busa and Life is Good!

On my passes in front of the camera, I was able to drag a knee in my 4th pass on Hwy 28. I get to ride all sorts of new machines and this is the 1st one I have ever done that on in 14 years on riding new machines. The new 08 was just that confidence inspiring , even with street tires and stock suspension.

Again, thanks to Rich for allowing me to ride his new machine....

rich_s08_vman.jpg

beerchug.gif
+1 on the confidence inspiring. mine is still stock and I am amazed at how much more it wants to lean over and accelerate in the corners.
thumb_up.gif

Why does the 08 have a standard master, why not a radial pump?
A quick search on this topic reveals that this is a question many new K8 owners are also asking.....
dunno.gif

However, simply installing SS lines and HH pads does the usual magic.... braking is significantly improved afterward.
thumb_up.gif

A quick search on this topic reveals that this is a question many new K8 owners are also asking.....
dunno.gif

However, simply installing SS lines and HH pads does the usual magic.... braking is significantly improved afterward.
thumb_up.gif
I even posed that to the reps from Suzuki that were there and hopefully we will see that soon.

I do agree, lines and pads are needed to help the braking performance. When I put a Brembo 19x20 on my Gen 1, I noticed more improvement than lines and pads included.

nice foto
thumb_up.gif

i've also posted on the braking issue - i'll be installing SS lines soon so hopefully all will be well soon

Trev

I have, as well, offered my '08 to riders, of both the busa and non-busa variety.

I want everyone to know how different they really are...that Suzuki wasn't 'riding the wave' of success, but r&d'ing the heck out of their best product.

Everyone has come away giving top marks.

Haven't heard many bad things said about the Gen2 either. Not always the case for the first year of a new design, so looks like Suz did their homework.

here's the best shot i got of you on her, you definitely looked like you were having fun out there
beerchug.gif

IMG_2351__Large_.JPG

Back