Mr Goddard's dog "PATCH".......

delboy

God save the Queen.......
Donating Member
Registered
Mr Goddard and his dog 'Patch' have been going to their local for years, then one day Mr Goddard arrives on his own.
"Where's Patch?" The regulars ask
"His gone." Mr Goddard said sadly. "Went in his sleep though, and didn't suffer."
After allowing the news to sink in and offering their condolences the conversation in the pub turned towards commemerating Patch in some way.
A darts match was suggested and quickly rebuffed, as was a football match to be played once a year on the anniversary of Patch's death.
"I know." Mr Goddard suddenly said. "This may sound a bit grisly but I cut off Patch's tail as a keepsake before the vet took him away. I was going to keep it in my garden shed but what about if we hang it above the bar instead? That way an actual piece of Patch will always be here."
The idea was put to the vote and agreed upon with but a couple of objections.
Meanwhile Patch was waiting his turn outside the pearly gates. He watched as the two dogs in front of him were beckoned through and then trotted forward himself.
"What happened to you?" Saint Bernard asked.
"I died of old age." Patch informed him.
Saint Bernard smiled and waved him through, catching sight of Patch's lack of tail as he went past.
"Hold up, what happened to your tail?"
Patch explained all to a forlorn looking Saint Bernard.
"Well I'm sorry about this Patch but you can't come in like that, you're incomplete, you're going to have to go and get your tail.
Sometime later, around Midnight, Patch's ghost appeared in the pub, just as the barman was finishing off the bottling up.
"Patch!" The Barman exclaimed upon spying Patch's ghostly form. "what are you doing here?"
"I've come for my tail." Patch told him.
The Barman shook his head in amazement.
"Come on patch, how long you been coming in here? You know I can't retail spirits after closing time."

jump9.gif

Maybe if Patch was a CAMRA member he'd have a lobby group that would support his right to GET A REAL FREAKING DRINK AFTER 11!

Seriously though, I've heard it's slowly getting better since the Licensing Act was amended.

Thing the larger pubs are open until 2 am, not sure as I am teetotal
beerchug.gif

Back