MPS Air Shifter

n_ikkon

Registered
Hi, I purchased the MPS Sport Bike Air Shifter with Engine Kill, P/N 1-0266
Does anyone have an install guide with pictures or a video? :please: I have spent a few days looking for a install guide with pictures but I have not had any luck. Although the install guide from MPS seems to be good, there are questions left as to how to exactly connect, :banghead: this is where pictures would help or even a video.

is the wiring stumping you?

I have messed with Muzzy shifter, but not the MPS.

I am sure if somethign is unclear you can contact MPS and they can help you out as well.:beerchug:

Thanks... I was hoping to get some advice from individuals who have done it before, as they would always have better recommendations.
Things that are not covered by MPS would be, where and how to mount the Bottle and air compressor.

On a Gen 1 Busa I mount the bottle under the rear rightside of the tail fairing. I mount the air compressor under the hump in the back of the trunk space if you still have your original undertail.

Mount your solenoid for the air piston on the air piston itself if you can or at least within 6" of it. If you do not you will start to lose kill time as the longer the air has to go to the piston from the solenoid the shorter your kill time becomes.

If you really have question though call Dan at MPS, you said you wanted advice from individuals who have done it before. Dan designed the thing, I am sure he has installed more that a few.

Thanks to everyone who posted. I finally got it mounted, I called Todd from MPS and he was able to clarify some questions that just were not clearly documented.
Here is what I did:

1- Mounted the 9oz bottle on the right side of the tail section.
2- Mounted the compressor in the rear section of the tail section.
3- Mounter the Kill box on the left side of the tail section.
4- Mounted the Electric Air Valve behind the radiator overflow bottle.
5- Mounted the shift cylinder with the Spencercycle bracket.

I will post up some pictures shortly

Hey bud are you having any problems with the engine kill itself. I just ordered the same kit from MPS and have got it all mounted, it says in the instructions to try the kill time at 3000 RPMs. my bike does hesitate or anything. As far as adjusting the kill time is that on the air valve itself or the kill box. The valve has a small screw that moves but MPS says the adjuster has a travel distance thats equal to 7 o'clock to 5 o'clock, this screw has nowhere near that travel distance. I dont see any knob or screw on the kill box itself. Sorry thats alot but thats my issue. Any idea's ?

Back