mpg with new zero gravity screen

2hip

Registered
Guys, per my promise am posting the mpg with new Zero Gravity Sport Touring screen...I posted 43mpg...most of my trips are at 60-80mph...I have very little city driving..My previous factory screen on the K8 was 45-48 depending on throttle usage...late or not late for work..ha ha ...2hip

I guess it depends on where you are. with factory i get 53 MPG average.
Sadly im headed to higher altitude soon. so i doubt it will stay that good.

how the hell do you get 53mpg ??? i have puig and the best i did 1 time i got 48mpg. most of the time 32-35mpg. i did get 50mpg on my 03 busa once but the 08 drinks more fuel.

Last edited:
I keep it in 6th gear most of the time. The bike has enough power that even in 6th gear it has plenty of get up and go. I can usually go about 220 miles on a tank until my reserve light comes on. I guess i don't womp on it as much as others do.

I went for a 300 mile trip in August and got 46/47 but usually im lucky to get over 40. Bike is too much fun not to take advantage of it. Yes it does impact my economy but even if I ride the bike like a madman I still get two or maybe even three times the economy my pick-up will give me.

Just took a 618 road trip and my best MPG was 57.5. I average around 44-46 most tanks.
I have a 08 with slip ons.
WoRm.

I drive mostly 90(indicated) and average 49-51 mpg on mine. My best when I drove a solid 55-60 mph for 250 miles was 57.8 mpg. Completely stock. Also, I am in SoCal at Sea level.

I average 42-43 with a speedohealer installed and a Puig DB. I play on it everytime I can when no one is around.

all i can say is WOW i usually get between 40-43 mpg. guess i cant stay off the throttle. normally ride between 80-150 higher speeds when i catch a spot that is clear no cars or cops. :laugh:

i average almost always 36mpg. mostly city driving. i have hit 45.9 one time just after break in and on a road trip. mostly 70-80 riding, but i hit 160 a time or 2.

Back