Mounting Up The iPhone to a Busa---Not A Bad Idea

goblinsix

Registered
I have been pondering a GPS for my bicycle and also my Busa. It seems to me that it would behoove a road-savy traveller to have a GPS unit and also a phone for obvious reasons. It seems to make perfect sense to make use of something like the iPhone that will give the best of both worlds.

Today when I was browsing for Firmware for my Magellan, I came across the Magellan RoadMate Application for the iPhone. It looks pretty similar to the interface that I have on my 4350.

Mobile

In terms of mounts for the bike I have seen:

1) Ram-Mount
2) Tech-Mount

I also read the thread for sewing conductive thread into a pair of gloves. So has anyone done this yet?

The geek in me is coming out:-)

They have some great ones for the iPhone and iPod Touch...
Haven't done it on mine but everyone raves about the TechMounts and the pics seem pretty solid.

Just use velcro.
Not going anywhere trust me....

iphone.jpg

iphone2.jpg

I've been pondering too. Seems like the versitility is great compared to serveral separate electronic units, keep it all in one, the phone!
Posted via Mobile Device

Only, it sucks when you get out of range (like most of the Dragon, for instance)..

RKA makes some bags with external mounts for devices like the iPhone if you really want to get fancy.

I and another member have done the conductive thread mod for our gloves and it works great! :beerchug:

Back