IPhone mount for our bikes

Shaft

Registered
I'm looking for a great way to mount an Iphone to my bike. I have a SEMA SMH10 Bluetooth setup for my helmet and the wifes. Great for communicating back and forth and listening to music and GPS.

I haven't been able to find a good mount for the Iphone. One that restricts vibration and one that will hold the sucker firm in place.

Any Ideas?

Industrial strength velcro. One on the triple tree one piece on back of phone.
Cheap easy and speed tested :)

621c059c.jpg

Velcro does the trick. Another route I went at one point was to take an otter box belt clip and take the clip off and secure it to my bike. Then I could clip the phone in and out as needed.

I also use industrial strength velcro to secure my iPhone and also my radar detector and my GPS unit; it does work great! And while we are on the iPhone subject if you are jailbroken (if you don't already have them) look for programs "Glove Pod" and "Music Controls Pro"! GP allows you to control music tracks with gloves on using the volume buttons in sleep mode and just hold down the sleep button on top of the iPhone to pause/unpause music. MCP allows you to control music tracks inside apps such as Pandora, Rhapsody, Ymusic, and many more! I have only found these in Cydia however.

image[1].jpg

Very cool. I already have industrial velcro on my triple tree like you guys do. I had it for my Nokia and it worked well. I found however on sunny days, its super hard to see the screen when you need to for navigation and other things. With a mount that would directly face the screen forward, would eliminate the problem and be better focused on the road while doing a quick glance.

My SENA SMH10 "sorry typo on top post" has built in controls for the Iphone, can seek tracks, adjust volume, intercom and voice dial all from one jog dial on the side of my helmet.

Bluetooth Stereo Headset and Intercom for Motorcycles - SMH10

Adjust the contrast on phone.
I've not had probs seeing mine in bright sun and believe me Florida has bright sun :)

Its going to be my first summer with the Iphone 4. So I haven't gone on rides with it yet. The Nokia wasn't so good. But this retina display is damn awesome.

I think you'll be surprised how much brighter it is.
Set on Auto for the contrast it should be fine.

Its by far the best product I have used yet. The speakers are loud, sound clarity is perfect and the intercom from bike to bike is over 900 meters. I might go for a different mounting kit for the SENA. I like the one with the flat mic. Makes for a little cleaner install and flush mount for the mic rather than a boom mic. Unfortunately I can't interchange the mic on the one I have, I have to switch it to the SMH-A0302.

might want to check ebay depending on what case u have for your iphone. I have the droid x with a trident kraken case, which is pretty much the same as otterbox defender, thick and heavy duty. I found a ram mount to work with the case i have on ebay. Already have the ram stem mount currently for my gps, but haven't ordered the mount for the droid yet to try it out. Thought about it, but really it would be no use to me. I don't listen to music while riding and always use my gps. Only good thing if i had it mounted on the ram stem mount would be i can see text messages, or if someone is calling

industrial strength velcro is pretty strong, but i don't know if i would feel comfortable having my $5-600 phone or gps secured that way. Plus u would always have a velcro strip stuck to the back of your phone

industrial strength velcro is pretty strong, but i don't know if i would feel comfortable having my $5-600 phone or gps secured that way. Plus u would always have a velcro strip stuck to the back of your phone

Fear not!! When I had mine up to 264.7mph :laugh::whistle: the velcro held exceptiona...

Darnit!! Was I typing while dreaming again?!:rofl::poke:

Ya the velcro works right up until limiter. And I only put the velcro on the case, never the phone! lol.. yea I was looking at those ram mounts, I dunno about the stem mount. I think I rather the phone to be mounted on the handle bar, right beside where the clutch reservoir is mounted.

+1 for Ram stem mount. I used the Ram mount as well until I wrecked my bike. Worked really well with their universal mount for my iphone4. Need to install it on my new busa.

Back