More Old Pictures

Rayabusa0818

Never Forgotten
My oldest brother (he is 72) heard about me scanning my mom's old pictures into my computer so he called me and said he had a few I may like. I got 78 from him. He called again before I got home and said he has 17 more and a cousing wants me to come look at ones he has. I am planning that trip on the 19th :)

Here are some examples...

I'm not sure about all the first one says about me, but I think I understand why I have such a low tolerance for whiners :)

Note: there is an electricity meter on the side of the house they tell me that it came when I was about a year old :beerchug:

The second one is my father and his father...

Next is an older cousin, my "baby" (she is 55 now) sister and me...

Then another handsome shot of me...

Next is my father, mother, sister, and me...

Finally is my brother's wife's family at a sawmill they ran. The original photograph is obviously much older than this 1967 copy.

Like I have said before, I was country when country wasn't cool :laugh:

Donald Williams May 1952 0005.jpg

H T Williams Father and Joel Williams Grandfather0005.jpg

Margaret Williams Jimmy Morgan Donald Ray Williams0005.jpg

Ray Williams.jpg

Ethel's family sawmill0005.jpg

Last edited:
:bowdown:

I think the reason I love old pics is cause it was a time when life was much more simple. Deals where done by hand shake, you could leave your house unlocked, and parents could spank their kids:laugh:

yea now we shoot people that walk in the front door, have our lawyers look over contracts, live in gated communities and beat the kids senseless and lock them in a closet...

:bowdown:

I think the reason I love old pics is cause it was a time when life was much more simple. Deals where done by hand shake, you could leave your house unlocked, and parents could spank their kids:laugh:

Spank??? I'm certain there were hickory sticks, razor straps, and other disciplinary aids involved :laugh:

Last edited:
Like I have said before, I was country when country wasn't cool :laugh:

I remember seeing old pictures of my family like those when I was a child, but have no idea where they went.:-(
I was born in Tullahoma Tennessee in 1957, spent my first 6 years up a dirt road that didn't have enough people per mile to run a telephone line. We had a 2 room farm house with a "catwalk" in between the rooms, fireplace at each end, and several "tenant houses" a little ways up the road. "Tenant houses" were another name for antebelum slave cabins. Then we moved to S.W. Missouri (a swing state in the "war of northern aggresion") where I grew up and still live.
Yep, I'm country too.

Last edited:
I remember seeing old pictures of my family like those when I was a child, but have no idea where they went.:-(
I was born in Tullahoma Tennessee in 1957, spent my first 6 years up a dirt road that didn't have enough people per mile to run a telephone line. We had a 2 room farm house with a "catwalk" in between the rooms, fireplace at each end, and several "tenant houses" a little ways up the road. "Tenant houses" were another name for antebelum slave cabins. Then we moved to S.W. Missouri (a swing state in the "war of northern aggresion") where I grew up and still live.
Yep, I'm country too.

:thumbsup:Maybe yours will turn up...I thought mine were all gone too until Thanksgiving weekend.

Great pics Don, I love the one by the sawmill, that speaks volumes about you,your family,and the kind of stock and hard work your from. :thumbsup: Seen a razor strap or dozen in my day too:whistle: My Dad told my it would build self esteem, he was right but at the time it just left:moon:

Back