Modification Time

Cuffee

Donating Member
Registered
After taking a trip through the mountains on the Fall Ride, I have decided that I want to do some performance modications and appearance modifications.

Do any one know a reliable motorcycle shop that can do some performance mods on my Busa. I am located in the Gainsville, VA area. Also, I am looking for a shop that's not trying to rip me off but one that will offer some good honest modifcation quotes.

Lastly, I don't even know what performance mods I want to have done. So any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Donald

Not sure what you are after or what you have now.

For serious mods you are within a days driving distance of
Bob Carpenter
Brock Davidson
Dave Owen

(Professor @ Oct. 16 2006,10:53) Not sure what you are after or what you have now.

For serious mods you are within a days driving distance of
Bob Carpenter
Brock Davidson
Dave Owen
Thanks for the info. I am going to contact Brock Davidson.
D-

Hey Cuffee,

Ever thought about getting a turbo or even supercharged? Maybe just sprokets.....

Power Commander and TRE with full exhaust upgrade much less expensive.

Oh yeah, adjustable rearsets rock!

Not many ideas on appearance mods, I really like mine stock except I did do the fairing screens and grab bar/hump mod. Actually ordered a new hump so I could have either with or without grab bar. Maybe custom graphics................?

Where are you wanting to be performance wise? Appearance depends on individual taste, so you are on your own there......

tpbio and Mr. Brown,
My current mods include a full Micron exhaust, pciiiusb (with the Micron map installed), BMC air filter, and pair valve removal.

Can either of you discuss sprokets and a TRE? I am really not interested is a turbo. I to shed a few pounds, quicker acceleration, and just make her faster. Any performance recommendations will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Donald

Kws Motorsports, Lees performance. Both really good places to go to!

(GIXERHP @ Oct. 16 2006,17:48) Kws Motorsports, Lees performance. Both really good places to go to!
Big bore, cams, suspension, wheels,

How much do you want to spend?

The list can get extremly long and pricey!!

(GIXERHP @ Oct. 16 2006,17:50)
(GIXERHP @ Oct. 16 2006,17:48) Kws Motorsports, Lees performance. Both really good places to go to!
Big bore, cams, suspension, wheels,

How much do you want to spend?

The list can get extremly long and pricey!!
Don't really want to spend to much. I am thinking a couple of grand.

I guess with what you got throw a nice set of stage one cams from yosh or web i like the yoshs pretty simple and thats under a grand for ya and mabey even with install then retune totally custom and then you should possibly have some cash left over for some new sprokets and a chain do like 17/42 or 43 combo i guess i'm not a fan of the smaller front but thats me. and if there is still alittle left you could always do some brake upgrades or some mifty gadgets for on the road. that should put you in the 2k mark there sir

Also you can powder coat all the silver parts on your bike, over the winter. Thats only a couple of hunderd!

Wheel_pics_004.jpg

(MidnightBusainSD @ Oct. 16 2006,18:17) I guess with what you got throw a nice set of stage one cams from yosh or web i like the yoshs pretty simple and thats under a grand for ya and mabey even with install then retune totally custom and then you should possibly have some cash left over for some new sprokets and a chain do like 17/42 or 43 combo i guess i'm not a fan of the smaller front but thats me.  and if there is still alittle left you could always do some brake upgrades or some mifty gadgets for on the road. that should put you in the 2k mark there sir
Thats a good start!

(Cuffee @ Oct. 16 2006,18:08) tpbio and Mr. Brown,
My current mods include a full Micron exhaust, pciiiusb (with the Micron map installed), BMC air filter, and pair valve removal.

Can either of you discuss sprokets and a TRE? I am really not interested is a turbo. I to shed a few pounds, quicker acceleration, and just make her faster. Any performance recommendations will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Donald
IMHO a TRE is a waste of money, have JohnnyCheese do you a GPS mod. Sprockets will either make it quicker (acceleration) or faster (top end) but you can't have it both ways. As suggested by others, cams, a decent head and sprockets would be a good way to go, I think you should consider a dry shot and a custom map also. There are several vendors here, and a few others also, that could put a package together for ya, and are reputable folks to do business with. I think if a guy is gonna do all this stuff at once, it makes sense to get it all from the same place, you can usually work out a good deal on a package.
I run a 16/43 sprocket combo, which is probably too aggresive for a stock wheelbase street ridden bike, but it suits my purposes fine. You will get various opinions on what works the best, but if you can figure out what kind of riding you do mostly, we will be able to give you some suggestions.........

Thanks everyone for the recommendation. Normally, I like to take my Busa out for long rides (4 hours plus). However, there are times when I really like to punch it. I guess I am really looking for quicker acceleration.

Another problem that I am having is that I am located in Northern VA. I am trying to find a good shop in VA to do all these mods at once.

Also, I already upgraded the brakes.

I am looking to do the following mods...
-DS 650 “TITANIUMâ€￾ SPROCKETS & CHAIN CONVERSION KIT (16/42)
-YOSHIMURA PERFORMANCE CAMSHAFTS
-GETTING BIKE TUNED

What do you think. Now I just need to find someone to do the work....

(Cuffee @ Oct. 17 2006,07:16) I am looking to do the following mods...
-GETTING BIKE TUNED

Your ideas sound good. PM Golden Child and see who he suggests perform the work. I'm sure there is someone reputable within a few hours drive time. If you don't have a truck or trailer, most auto dealerships will rent you a pickup for a couple of days. Remove your front fender, buy a couple of straps and you're set.

(Mr Brown @ Oct. 17 2006,09:12)
(Cuffee @ Oct. 17 2006,07:16) I am looking to do the following mods...
-GETTING BIKE TUNED

Your ideas sound good. PM Golden Child and see who he suggests perform the work. I'm sure there is someone reputable within a few hours drive time. If you don't have a truck or trailer, most auto dealerships will rent you a pickup for a couple of days. Remove your front fender, buy a couple of straps and you're set.
Thanks Mr. Brown for your advice.

(Cuffee @ Oct. 16 2006,23:16) I am looking to do the following mods...
-GETTING BIKE TUNED

Sounds like a very good start but if you like to take some long trips the 16 42 is gona really chop into your fuel economy if thats even a concern to you not to mention you will be running alott Higher R's to go the same speeds down the road there thats something for you to consider also but the 16 42 will definately make the bike the pull like a frieght train. but in anycase you will like the results

Back