Military in uniform boarding aircraft first

I'm also an active duty member (14 yr TSgt in the AF) I've served 4 tours in Iraq (mostly with the Army) and several other deployments and every time I fly home be it mid tour or finally going home I get the best treatment in air ports and whatever hotel I'm staying at. I can't even remember how many times I have been asked to trade seats with someone in 1st class (I usually won't though just because I know how much they paid for that seat) or just recieved random free drinks and meals.. it's all kinda over whelming sometimes... I usualy just prefer a good handshake if anything. I recently did a speech at a local school here in AZ and you would have thought I was some kind of celebrity for the ammount of autographs I signed.. LOL. But thanks to all of those who support us.. we really do appreciate it! :beerchug:

And there are no words to describe on how good it feels to be welcomed home by the millions who love us. To see the retired vets wearing their vests and hats that extend their arm to appreciate us. We are all a brother hood in the Armed Forces.

Thank you as well sir. We all love what we do, especially when it comes to developing these young soldiers to become our future leaders. That is the best part of my job, and what makes me the most proud. Seeing my product lead other subordinates. Of course you being as high as you were, you know this. Thank you Colonel.

Watching young people get their head out of their 4th point of contact and make something of themselves while serving our great Country was where I got my greatest satisfaction....

Being ex AF, I am one of the first to shake a uniformed military member's hand or buy them a drink/lunch regardless of branch. I didn't recieve a lot of respect when I was active back in the 80's but no matter. It was a lot of fun messing with the nuke protesters...

I am very pleased to see the way active military are being treated. Having recently joined the Patriot Guard, I plan to do everything I can to show my appreciation.

Firstly, I can not even imagine what things would be like if it were not for our brave men and women who serve. Hats off and thank you all.

When I fly, I actually prefer to board last, no matter where my zone is. I just want to be stuffed on that plane for as few minutes as possible, knee problems make sitting for prolonged periods without being able to stretch very bad. So, them getting on first is cool for me for two reasons!:laugh:

Thanks to all serving and who've served.

Sheep 1970-2011
:)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

COMEDY. I travel quite a bit for work and I've personally given up my seat to a soldier twice who was in uniform and appeared to be coming home from a deployment or on a visit (which IMO makes even more sense to give up the seat as they have less time to be back). Even though soldiers keep their appearances up to a tee, you can still tell they've been in those fatigues or uni for quite a while and are dying for a shower and a comfortable bed.
The airlines compensate with a free ticket for a later date, so it's pretty much a win-win for everyone involved....except my girl hates having to come to pick me up several hours later than expected or the $30 cab ride if its really late, but it definitely feels good in the end to know you've helped someone out, albeit minimally.

Another one of those sheep,
1975-2011 :laugh:

PS. Thanks to you all for your service.

Hello all,

I travel to the US a lot for business, and I fly domestically a lot there. I was in FL a couple of days ago.

One thing that always impresses me is the fact that military members in uniform are called to board the aircraft first - at least on AA (I only fly AA).

As an ex military person (Navy), I am in awe at the amount of respect paid to the military in the US.

It reflects very well on your country.

BZ (Well done).

:beerchug:
when were you in, where stationed and rating?
I was in the Navy from 95-11, Sasebo Japan Belleau Wood and Essex and Yokosuka Japan Blue Ridge.
Did shore duty at Bangor Washington.
God Bless those out there still doing our country proud

Back