Met Skydiver at Road Atlanta today with STT

Black Sheep

They call me Baaah!
Donating Member
Registered
Riding with STT is a treat compared with other track time clubs. And meeting/riding with Skydiver was a great ending to the day! The .oRg has some great members and Keith is one of them. Can't wait to hit the next track day with more of you all!

image-872248641.jpg

And next summer we need all ya'll to get over this way. Road Atlanta is a prime track. 170+ in the back straight, pinned in sixth until the drop down into 10a will get your heart pumping.

image-872248641.jpg

The only thing about riding with Keith is you never know when he might jump off the bike and pull the rip chord, being as he loves abandoning perfectly good fast moving vehicles and all! :laugh:

Riding with STT is a treat compared with other track time clubs. And meeting/riding with Skydiver was a great ending to the day! The .oRg has some great members and Keith is one of them. Can't wait to hit the next track day with more of you all!

View attachment 252582

And next summer we need all ya'll to get over this way. Road Atlanta is a prime track. 170+ in the back straight, pinned in sixth until the drop down into 10a will get your heart pumping.

Glad you had fun. I try to ride with either STT or RideSmart whenever possible. Both have excellent programs.

I'm just sorry Jonathan that it was on pit out of the last session when you picked me out! We certainly had plenty of time to chat while it was raining :banghead: . I tried to follow you out on that last session. Your buddy was slower and by the time I passed him, you'd already gained and passed some other riders, and by the time I got to the back straight, you were way off in the distance. I thought you were riding a 750 so I could catch you and video you, but every time I'd turn in to the front straight, you'd be braking at the end of it. This went on like 5 laps and I never could gain anything. Afterwards I find out you were riding an R1 which explained why I couldn't get any gain on you. I'd like to have gotten out and followed you to see your line (Disalvo rides a completely different line than most everyone on the track, but the line he takes thru the AMA Chicane is the CORRECT one) I've got lots of video so I'll have to look and see what I've got and edit it.

I still had a lot of fun. The elevation changes can't be seen in video or pic, but wow would be appropriate. I saw 170 in the back straight too (fastest I've ever been on my track bike) and she still had more to give, but I ran out of nerve at the kink. I'm gonna have to add RA to my list of tracks I try to do annually it was just starting to get fun.

If you ever wanted an endorsement for the Q2, both Jason Disalvo and Brian Stokes were wearing them for their school - and they put in some HOT laps that would have outrun everybody else on the track. Mine never slipped once, only the rear would spin a little on straight up/down accelleration (and the front was coming off the ground at the same time).

You need to come on over to Barber for the TEAM GIXXER SMACK FEST in September! Somebody's gotta represent Yamaha!

You all going early and late September? I won't make it to the Sept 8,9...but I could make the 29,30 STT dates at Barber.

You all going early and late September? I won't make it to the Sept 8,9...but I could make the 29,30 STT dates at Barber.

Yea late september and the October event are when several of us are making it out. Definately sign up now if you can make it :thumbsup:

Go read the smacktalk thread. Yep, the 29/30 SEPT dates have a BUNCH of people coming!

Back