Merry Christmas

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
Figured I would be first! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas. It's been a crazy year with lots of obstacles overcome and some new ones encountered. But as always I am thankful for whatever comes my way. Thanks especially to @captain for keeping this place going, it's always a pleasure. Thanks for all of you who keep something going to make it entertaining.

The weather here is amazing and we have some really nice, aggressive rides planned. Hopefully it will not rain.

Anyway, here's to a good year gone and looking to the next part of the Journey! :beerchug:

Merry Christmas willy and everyone else. Have relaxing and joyful holidays. Glad to be part of this family.

Well, New Zealand is the first country to wake up to Christmas Day, closest to the international date line, and it’s 7.15am Christmas Day here right now .. . .
Merry Christmas everyone from Kiwi Rider !
Yes BUT- I have 2 christmas eves. First we celebrate the evening of the 24. (German) open one gift and then on the 25.morning we have the second gift opening. I am living the dream of every child.... :banana:

Merry Xmas orgsters :banana:
The leg of lamb has been slow cooking since 3am and the ham is getting glazed to go along with the fresh veges and of course desserts , its a big lunch,afternoon tea and dinner phew ! family over at ours gonna be awesome :thumbsup:

Cantab ;)

Yes BUT- I have 2 christmas eves. First we celebrate the evening of the 24. (German) open one gift and then on the 25.morning we have the second gift opening. I am living the dream of every child.... :banana:
I never knew that about the German tradition . . .
we call that " double-dipping", . . . . frowned upon here :p

I never knew that about the German tradition . . .
we call that " double-dipping", . . . . frowned upon here :p
I only have those only because I am german and my wife is canadian.

The tradition in germany is quite different. We have our santa at the 6th of december. (means he comes by if you hire someone to do it.) The gifts are only small for that evening.

And then on the 24. th in the evening the "christkind" (some type of angel ) comes by and brings the gifts. There is no actual figure like santa. It comes when you are not there kind of thing.
It usually works by - the living room will be closed for the day and the parents set up the tree and the room and help the "christkind" to set everything up.
Then in the late afternoon on the 24.th we go to church. Afterwards home and have dinner.
After dinner a bell rings and we are allowed to go in the living room....tree, gifts music etc.... Its magical and it was amazing as a kid to be part of that tradition and to"believe" in it!

Back