MCMUSTANG, I've got a few words for you!

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
THANK YOU!!:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Suppose the rest of you need the story, here it goes....

I rode the 800mi form NY to TN for the Bash last month, and I did it with almost no brakes, apparently :whistle: I woke up monday morning around 10am to see that most had already left for the days riding, I DONT do mornings. As I sat in a chair outside my cabin, ol Shawn was on the prowl, the prowl to help. I believe he may in fact be a "Helpaholic" the man just cant stop. As I sat, eating my morning yogurt, Shawn spotted my Busa and could sense it was in need of attention. Before I knew it, he had installed some spools and was ready to do some serious work.
Tuirns out my rear brake had eatin itself, I knew it was rubing the rotor, but thought it was just a different wear pattern due to the caliper sitting deeper on the disc after swapping back to stock from the 240. Turns out, it was all messed up. Shawn spent a few hours in in the sun, had a new set of pads and a donor caliper on hand and fixed me right up:bowdown:

Few days later, my front brakes are found to be 99.9% gone, thanks to EarlyBird for the help there, he definetly helped keep me alive that week. Ive now shown my Busa is falling apart, I think this bothered Shawn, bothered him enough to do something about it...

A week or so ago Shawn asks about my lines noteing the were the stock lines from 06 with 30k miles on em. He said (this was a complete lie mind you:laugh:) that he had an old set of stainless lines laying around that I could have if I wanted em, so of course, I said Yes please.

I get home today a see a box has arrived in the mail, but I havent ordered anything that requires a box. Id been expecting the lines, but assumed a padded envelope would be enough for those. I look at the return addy on the box to see it says "Pashnit.com"? I've ordered parts form Tim in the past and thought maybe he had mixed something up and sent me someone else's order? This isnt like Tim, but I didnt know what else to think, so I opened it up to see a full set of Galfer lines, Front/rear brake and clutch!!!!!!!!!!!:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Now I know somethings up for sure, I look at the "Bill to" box and see my name and addy and the proof i needed below it "MCMUSTANG@hayabusa.Org"

I couldnt believe it, a full set of lines courtesy of Shawn, I cant thank you enough Sir, Ive had a pretty rough 2 weeks, work, women, people, a lot of frustration, but this really perked me up and has me lookin forward to puttin em on and enjoying the weekend on the bike.

Thanks Shawn, really means a lot to me.:bowdown:

Hold for pics from phone....

Pics...

ForumRunner_20120524_012634.png

ForumRunner_20120524_012711.png

ForumRunner_20120524_012737.png

ForumRunner_20120524_012813.png

ForumRunner_20120524_012838.png

ForumRunner_20120524_012634.png

ForumRunner_20120524_012711.png

ForumRunner_20120524_012737.png

ForumRunner_20120524_012813.png

ForumRunner_20120524_012838.png

Believe it or not there really are some awesome ppl on here and im glad to have made the friends that i have on here.. i only talked to him a couple times and once was a debate on something we thought we were both right on and i randomly got a message a few weeks later saying hey just wanted you were right, thanks for teaching me something new and i just remember thinking thats what we are here for when in reality he had given me a few things to think about which bettered my thinking on things. I never got to meet him in person but its people like him that make this one of the best forums i have ever been on. I know im still considered new here and dont know alot of people but the friends i have made mean alot to me.

Tim,
Thanks for the kind words... here is my version of the story. I do still have the old lines from Bessie... I kept them around because of the sort of sentimental value - I got to help make them... anyway, I really was going to send them to you, but then I remembered that rear line - and if your fronts were stock then your clutch was too...

Anyway, Pashnit just happened to post up about his surplus of lines and... there you go. I really am sorry that it took so long, but I am glad you have them now.

It is all about paying it forward my friend. You are very, very welcome.

Shawn

Tim,
Thanks for the kind words... here is my version of the story. I do still have the old lines from Bessie... I kept them around because of the sort of sentimental value - I got to help make them... anyway, I really was going to send them to you, but then I remembered that rear line - and if your fronts were stock then your clutch was too...

Anyway, Pashnit just happened to post up about his surplus of lines and... there you go. I really am sorry that it took so long, but I am glad you have them now.

It is all about paying it forward my friend. You are very, very welcome.

Shawn

Ive got my eyes open to help out where I can, but I dont think it'll be with tech advice after people read my post:laugh:

Awesome, That is why I love this place....:thumbsup:... Good on you MC Mustang..... Good on you.!!!!!!!

Rooster Rider007 said:
Ive got my eyes open to help out where I can, but I dont think it'll be with tech advice after people read my post:laugh:

Not sure how many people would take tech advice from a frog anyways lol

I must tell you all Shawn is top notch people and he is not alone here. If you haven't made the effort to meet the org people at a bash you are missing a real great time.:thumbsup:

First to Tim! No problem.... I dont mind helping one sort out their ride or check it over for safety! It pleases that you are safe and even happier with the results from MC Stang and myself! You got my number, so if you need advice or verbal help.... You know what to do!

Now for Shawn! From my first bash to my most current bash.... He has always had a hand in a busa trying to service, repair, or sort a problem out! In fact gixxerhp and Omar are guilty of this too! Damn gearheads! Shawn is a one of a million type of guy and a true value to the org! In fact the Org has brought more of this type to one place! This is where the Org is special from other places.....Truely awesome! :beerchug: Shawn if you are ever in the area, shoot me a pm! Ill buy the first drink!

Back