Maintenance  manuals

subzeroheat

Registered
Hello,

I just bought an '04 Busa with 5500 miles in mint condition.
I have never maintained a motorcycle before, so I have decided it's about time I started working on my own. What's the best way to get started? What tools would I require other than the standard ones that come with the bike? and mainly..what is a good repair manual for a Busa? Is Haynes a good one? Please advice and thanks in advance!

haynes is good enough for me....no probs so far
winkold.gif

I usually prefer the OEM service manuals. I haven't had a aftermarket one in my hands for the Busa yet however.

I have the factory service manual. It is available here (online version) somewhere for free.

Don

Hello,

I just bought an '04 Busa with 5500 miles in mint condition.
I have never maintained a motorcycle before, so I have decided it's about time I started working on my own. What's the best way to get started? What tools would I require other than the standard ones that come with the bike? and mainly..what is a good repair manual for a Busa? Is Haynes a good one? Please advice and thanks in advance!
I would go factory manual first by a large margin.....then Clymer, and make Haynes the last resort
winkold.gif

I suggest you get the factory manual AND the Haynes manual. The factory book is not as clear in some respects as the Haynes manual and the Haynes book has better photos to help you along.

On the other hand, there are plenty of specifics which are not completely addressed by the Haynes book and you can find the answers in the OEM book. The two of them work very well together.

I've never been a fan of Clymer. They tend to attempt to put too much generic instruction in their books and fail to get into the specific differences between different production years. Clymer can leave you hanging some times.

--Wag--

Back