losing tools from under rear seat

Oz22

Registered
It was a chunky Swiss army knife, I put it in the little caddy under the rear seat where the oem tool bag sits and where I have a stop-n-go tire plug kit and some rags. Then it was gone? After a search around the workshop and up the street I began looking down under the seats etc because I suspected it may have slipped forward out of the caddy. I tapped around under the rear guard and could hear something heavy bouncing up and down on the R/H side. Then I pulled the pins and bolts out of the R/H side of the tail section and levered the section outwards a ways and there it was, laying between the frame and the rear guard.

The takeaway. Don't put small items in that caddy, put them in a secure pouch. I have some foam roll here, a hollow tube for lagging copper pipe I assume. I think I might look at cutting a length and wedging it into that open space in front of the caddy so this sort of thing can never happen again. As an aside the oem tool bag was open too, and some of it's tools had slipped into the tray. I don't particularly like the way it's held in place with that elastic strap, I must have screwed up putting the bag back after I inspected it?

Back