Loose spark plugs WARNING 04 riders

bubba_zenetti

Registered
Maybe this is just a freak incident with just my bike but I just traded my 03 Gix1k of a brand new 04 1300R. I love this bike!

However, I now have 2000 miles on it. I been experiencing a bit of rough idle and low speed misfires so I figured it is in need of some attention.

I went through checking all the nuts and bolts for tightness and then onto the engine. First the air cleaner. All is good there. Next the spark plugs. WTF?!?

As I went to remove my plugs I noticed that every single one of them was torqued to about 1 foot pound if even that. They were screwed in finger tight and that was about it!

I replaced all the plugs for the hell of it with NGK CR9EIX iridium tipped plugs and checked the balance of the throttle bodies which checked OK.

This seemed to cure my rough Idle but I still have a bit of lowe speed stumbling which I can live with until I get my bike to the dyno.

Guys I would check your plugs just in case this is another example of Suzuki's fine quality control.

Thanx for the heads up...I with you on the quality control.When I bought my bike a few months ago, I had it for about 1 hour when my wife rode it about 50' in front of my house and got a surprise....no front brake! She hit a drainage culvert and dumped it, trashing the side, both wheels dented and road rash pretty bad on her arm. I brought it right back and the bastards told me it was my fault, that the brake didn't work because of the crash.BS! I cancelled my check, and after some fighting and threatening, I made them fix it brand new.(they wouldn't replace it, f-ers).
Later when I painted it, just a couple light strokes with sandpaper would take the paint right off in a lot of places-poop work.

Ya got me freaked out now....Im going over mine this weekend.I just rolled 2200 miles on my 04. But after reading this im looken at em this weekend just to see. Thanks
smile.gif

Back