Looking for (Loud) Exhaust

SpeedFiend

Registered
I'm getting cut off alot more than I used to on my Gen 1 with D&D race exhaust, so I'm looking to get something for my Gen 2. People don't seem to like D&D, but I like the throaty sound and how it's somewhat quiet at lower revs. I'm not looking for max power, but it would be nice. I also don't want to spend alot. I would go with slip ons, but for the price, it seems like a full system wouldn't be too much more expensive. Where is a good place to find deals on exhaust?

I would be very interested in used systems if anyone has anything lying around. I'm not too worried about appearance, but black/carbon would be preferred.

if you want it loud take the cans off and put tips on. thats LOUD!

Done that before. That's a bit too loud :laugh: Also, I'm not sure how prone these valves are to burning, so I do want some backpressure.

Brocks Alien Head will be just what your looking for. Quiet cruising but when you want it to be it can be loud.
813e0d85.jpg

Brocks Alien Head will be just what your looking for. Quiet cruising but when you want it to be it can be loud.
813e0d85.jpg

+1000 on the Alienhead too :laugh: Just went out on a quick ride down to Nashville and back thru the country and listened to the sweet lien singing all the way there and back, except when we passed a couple popo's and they bleeped their siren's at us. :rofl::rofl:

But then again you your looking for something not quite as expensive. You can get some slip-ons and cut them down till they suit your hearing preference. :laugh:Since you'll be cutting them get something you like the look of since you will be playing with the sound with cutting and repacking them as much or little as you want.:thumbsup: You can really go out with no money if you cut down the O.E.'s.

Cut the D&D down 4 inches. Should help and its free. Worse case scenario you buy another system and sell that.

Why do you want back pressure? Running with no can's doesn't burn valves. Next step down from no mufflers as far as loud is brocks alien head. Plus it sounds sweet :thumbsup:

i have the hot bodies tips.....they are loud, but not annoying loud. just ask a couple guys that have road with me on here, Big E, Dadofthree, DJxtrodinaire etc....i did the marble mod to mine and no complaints in my book.......and yes loud pipes saves lives. i don't care what people say about how they don't save lives......when the little old lady or the teeny bopper on the cell phone starts to come over on me, pull in the clutch and give her a twist of the throttle. save my butt a few good times:thumbsup:

14.jpg

Jardine GP1's. Pretty loud but a nice deep sound for around $290. I don't use the baffles. I was even considering adding a Vance and Hines CS One header to make them even louder.

" I also don't want to spend alot. "

pretty much rules out a Brocks.

if you dont want to drop the coin get the tips and be done with it. you could also check psychobike.com they have a lot of used parts on there.

Mine has nothing but header to tips from autozone, don't judge. Anyway, they are LOUD but effective! My neighbors hate them, me and my wife and friends LOVE them! But I am getting a full exhaust so I can tune the big girl when I get home. Valves are fine though. A busa is good when it comes to exhausts. Good luck!

Busa 1.jpg

might I reccomend the Muzzy Canister. Very deep and throaty and can wail when you stomp on it. I would also reccomend the Ti-Force SUMO for a deep throaty sound. If you want really loud then an open megaphone is your choice.

Guy

Back