Looking for 2002 Chevy Silverado Repair Manual

Linky's don't work. Looking for a download link.

No Jay, the carwash busted my door mirror, and I'm looking for a diagram to see how it comes off to see if I can fix it.

Pull the inside door panel off, there'll be like 3 nuts holding the mirror on.. The mirror has studs that go through the door. Its quite simple..

PERFECT Bots thanks much!

Somehow they broke the mount, so the entire mirror is bounding around in the place where it normally pivots back and forth. Replacement mirror is about $90. Didn't want to buy it myself unless I was sure I could replace it myself.

Door mirrors are easy. On the inside of the door panel is a triangle piece of trim. Just pull it off (its held in place by clips) and you will find the two nuts that are holding the mirror in place. Once you take them off the only thing left is unplugging the electrical connection (assuming that you have power mirrors). Most of those connections are located in the same place as the nuts. Sometimes manufactures run that connection down inside the door where you would need to take the door panel off to access it. That should only be held on by a few a few screws and the rest is clipped in place with threaded push pins. I had and 03 model and I’m pretty sure the 02’ is going to be the same way. To take the door panel off you will find one screw (8mm I think) where the inside door handle is. I can’t remember but I think there is another on located on the bottom of the door panel on the hinge side of the door. Some times manufactures will put a screw behind the plastic reflector so pop it off and double check. The rest of the clips are push pins. Just pull it off one pin at a time and sometimes those pins come off of the door trim and stay in the door so double check before you try to put it back on. If they stick in the door just pull them out and pop them back into the door panel before you stick it back on.

Bots beat me too it...and I forgot to mention about popping off the panel where the switches for the door locks and windows to find another screw.

PERFECT Bots thanks much!

Somehow they broke the mount, so the entire mirror is bounding around in the place where it normally pivots back and forth. Replacement mirror is about $90. Didn't want to buy it myself unless I was sure I could replace it myself.

And to think I came in here to rip on you for owning a Chevy.. :rofl:

You're welcome, I've done a few of them with friends (woman drivers :banghead: )

Dude, with all the duct tape you have laying around? Come on...

Linky's don't work. Looking for a download link.

No Jay, the carwash busted my door mirror, and I'm looking for a diagram to see how it comes off to see if I can fix it.

I had a Ford Truck, back before I got a job.:poke:

01 Silverado with 210,000 miles and going strong.

Good thing you had them in that order. It'd suck trying to fix that Chevy without a job! :laugh:

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back