look whats coming to ohio speed freaks

wht_scorpion

Registered
nice to see that this is coming to ohio. found this on another site

Hey guys and gals... Just stopping in to say Hey and Introduce myself and our organization.

My Name is Keith Turk and I'm the Race Director / Co Owner of the ECTA. We have recently been given permission to use the 9000' runway at the Wilmington Airpark in Wilmington Ohio. It is our intent to Hold Land Speed Racing events on the airpark 4 times next year and then hold events as needed in the future. The Dates are firming up and will be posted on our website in the next couple of weeks.

To Read about us or our organization you can check out our website at Welcome to ECTA

As a general overview though... we will race for one mile and then time the vehicle in the last 132' to establish it's top speed. It then slows down and clears the runway where upon we send the next vehicle. Once a run is complete you receive a time slip, If your time is a record... you proceed to an impound area where the Vehicle and record are certified. Then you get in line and start the process all over again.

So on and so forth.....now to the actual introductions.... There are 4 principal organizers of these events. Myself and my wife Tonya and our Partners Joe and Donna Timney, All Four of us our Motorcyclist's as well as Race car drivers. Each of us are members of multiple 200mph clubs ( meaning we've set records over 200mph ) Tonya and I are from Southern Alabama and Joe and Donna will be coming from Delaware. ( that's a tiny state out east somewhere)..( think really small )...

Anyway we've been looking for a New home as our lease has run it's course in Maxton North Carolina... We aren't simply looking for a new place to race... we're looking for a New Home, a place were we can have a long term relationship with not only a decent facility but a community as well....

Bottom line.... we're all genuinely excited.... your State and community have truly welcomed us with open arm's...

Thanks for taking the time to read my drivel.....

Be Safe, Go fast, Have fun!!!

Keith Turk

That's a little bit further than Maxton NC for me. It's a fun event and you can check the ECTA website for rules and regs.

I'm happy someone was able to capitalize on MY IDEA. :)
This is about an hour from me. Wish I could get away from everything to make it up there.

hmmmm. always wanted to try that and now its within a reasonable driving distance. gonna have to look into the rules. does anyone have a link?

Cool..thats a 2.5 hour ride for me!
Never been a straight line speed freak...maybe cuz i havent had a place to do it safely. Might have to give it a try.

From a quick look it is $50 to become an anual member and $100 per event pre register fee...$120 at the door / day of event. $10 for a rule book...but you get one with the membership

Back