Lenght of the piston of the front master cylinder gen 1

Ronan

Registered
Hi all.I would liké to rebuild my front brake(gen 1 k3). Piston diameter indicated in the technical guidbook is 14 mm(only)but nothing about the lenght. Do someone know it ?

(...) Piston diameter indicated in the technical guidbook is 14 mm(only) but nothing about the lenght. Do someone know it ?

sorry, but for what?

buy a repair kit (piston, spring, seals) and it will become fine

and about wich gen do we talk? gen 1 or 2?

and where? did you get this dia???
the front brake pump is, as far as i know, usually 5/8" = 15.8 mm (at all busa)

Part# 59600-45860 on Partzilla is the whole kit. I wish I'd kept the old part I'd measure it. I just did mine this spring.

I'd compare the cost of OEM parts to replacing it with a Brembo. The OEM mastercylinder is probably why those Gen1 brakes suck. The Gen2 brakes suck a little less. I know some Gen2's come with a Brembo master cylinder stock. Find out what Brembo will fit your bike and go with that. They're like $250~$300.

sorry, but for what?

buy a repair kit (piston, spring, seals) and it will become fine

and about wich gen do we talk? gen 1 or 2?

and where? did you get this dia???
the front brake pump is, as far as i know, usually 5/8" = 15.8 mm (at all busa)
You're right. It's 16mm for front and 13 for rear brakes. Buse gen1 k3. I use good pads and aviation hoses (surrounded by Steel). Liquid has been replaced a few months avoir and it is without air. Braking IS still good but less than in the past So I'm considering to repair the master cylinder

Screenshot_2020-07-01-06-35-48.png

Back