Brembo RCS19 Master Cylinder - Gen 1 questions

juissed

Registered
Looking to upgrade the brake master cylinder on my gen 1.

I read something about the stock brake lines not working.. Anyone have measurements needed, or know ones to buy for a different application that work ok?

I'm looking at the RCS19 & reservoir cup combo Pashnit sells. Anything else needed?

Ive been wanting to upgrade my Brake Master cylinder for years and I now find myself ready to pull the trigger on either an RCS 19 or Corsa Corta variant of same. My question has to do with brake lines. Most folks on here just went with a 90 degree adapter, which I could also do.

When I switched to Tubular Bars a few years back I bought a full set of Venhill custom length brake and clutch lines. I really like these lines for their ease of install, and I especially like the fact that you can swap the straight bolt on Banjos I have with my stock MC for a variety of other Angle, and length ends to adapt to all kinds of situations, and they are inexpensive. My main question has to do with the Angle of the banjo port on the Brembo RCS MC when installed. I have a CAD model of the RCS 19, but no idea how accurate it is. Looks like the port is angled maybe 20 degrees from the bottom of the MC.

I spoke with Venhill, and they just said to get the MC and then decide which ones you would need, and frankly that’s probably what I will do. I am pretty sure the Short radius 90’s would work fine but just trying to find out if anyone has been down this particular path previously?

My current lines will be plenty long enough for the swap.

Current setup.
1654828652680.png

rcs.JPG

Anyone ever bought anything from these guys at Omnia Racing? They are based out of italy. Prices are eye opening! :shocked:

Anyone ever bought anything from these guys at Omnia Racing? They are based out of italy. Prices are eye opening! :shocked:

That seems like a pretty good deal unless the shipping kills it.

Not sure if this helps but, when I got braided lines for my 2009, I ordered them a few inches longer and with straight banjos like you currently have on your bike. The only difference is that my lines are setup like factory, meaning single line coming out of MC and then the jumper line that crosses from one caliper to the other. When I purchased the set of 19rcs MCs, I kept my lines and didn’t have and issue. They basically come out from under the MCs pointing straight towards the ignition and the the line itself bends and 90s down the neck of the frame to their destinations. It almost looks like you have enough length to accomplish the same. I could take a picture, but I have so many wires for accessories running through there that the lines themselves are probably not visible. Your OEM banjo bolts won’t work due to brembo using a finer thread pitch.

The RCS should use 2 hoses the loop over to left caliper is not ideal, thats straight from the guy at Brembo who does all the race bikes, get decent pads and it will brake so hard the forks will need adjusting or heavier springs

I could be mistaken but the factory banjo bolt is a standard for most Japanese 10mm x 1.25. Brembo uses a 10mm x 1. I bought my bike used and it has Brembo masters on both front and rear brakes. The front has a brake light switch but I had to order a hydraulic banjo bolt switch for rear brake. It is a 10mm x 1.

Back