LED Mirror Mod question

I was doing alittle searching around for turnsignal alternitives and ways to gain alittle more attention from drivers when i cane across pashnits wesite where he had the LED mirror mod. Has a dead link to here and wondering who or where i can get them or detailed instructions on how to make them?
rock.gif
Link below to picture

http://www.pashnit.com/pics....375.jpg

The board member that was making them stopped because of some legal infringements issues with Suzuki. RazoRRBlade is his name, but he doesn't post much these days. They are quite nice for those that were able to get some. Maybe do a search for him or the mod or send him a PM.

Well i emailed him and tried PMing him , email addy says not found and no answer still from him. May just have to reach down on ebay , pick up a set of used scuffed up mirrors cheap and try my luck at them.

He claimed those leagal issues came from GM .... it was really beginning to sound like and easy way out for him ...there wasn't much if any money in it for the amount of time it took to do the mod.
I questioned the "patent infringement" .... for two reasons.... they do not make motorcycles....and he was not making the mod for cars (at least not that he said). GM wouldn't think crap of him doing a couple of sets of mirrors for a sportbike. If he did get any letters, they were likely from someone that posed as legal rep. because they too were making such a device or just felt like making someone else's life hell....there are those that live for the chance to be an arse!
mad.gif

It was as nice job that he was doing, if he got the mirror glued back on straight...I too have a set of mirrors ready to send him...but as reported earlier...he has bailed on this endevor.
sad.gif

yeah i dont really see how doing them couldve violated ANY laws , the only thing he was doing was adding the logo into the mirror which the logo isnt copywrited and suzuki themselves dont care about the logo being used in aftermarker mods or applications , hince why everything you buy for the bike has the logo or name engraved or cut out in it lol. But like i said if i can get a really cheap mirror thats scuffed up case or something ill tear it apart and see if i can do the mod myself. If so then ill probley get a set of wider mirrors i found and do them. Going to test it out on a POS piece first tho.

I`m caling BS on legal issue... Sandblast the amalgamm off of the back side of mirror and put a light in? If so Mercedes should sue everyone who put blinkers in the mirrors as well.

Thing is, the company can only invoke patent privaledges if he is using them to make a profit. Charging 50 bucks for shipping and materials and doin it for us doesn't violate copywrite or patent laws. If he however started sellin stuff on ebay, thats a different story.

I had several long talks with Raz awhile back. There were several legal attacks. In not so many details, the process involved in making any symbols blink thru the mirrors is whats patented. Not just cars and it wasnt from GM it was from the mirror companys. The company he represents assisted in adding headaches because of the neg attention it was getting from it as well. Raz is a good guy that just wanted to keep a below the radar approach and didnt want any limelight which is what he started getting. Either way it's not difficult to do, just make your own.

JD

Back