Last ride of the year?

GSXcite

Squirrel Master
Donating Member
Registered
Wake up Sunday morning, and although the wind was blowing hard with gusts up to 40 MPH, it was almost 60 out. I thought to myself, I'm going for a ride. By time I hooked the truck up to the trailer so I can get the busa out of the garage, it was near 9 am. I take off to the north on I 29. With the wind coming from the south, the busa feels like it has 250 hp! After blasting around the Kansas City area for a couple of hours, I come around a corner and the temperature fell 30 deg.! My shield fogged over making it very hard to see, and I went from very comfortable to colder than heck in an instant! I turned toward home and ran out of the cold air about two miles down the road, made it home and put the busa in the garage just as the wind changed direction and it got cold. On monday our high temp was 11 deg, and today it is 9 deg and snowing. The next week looks cold with several days of snow. Looks like I may have made the last ride of the year!:(

You should have come south...it took a little while longer for the cold to hit! But I was out driving around when it did! In a matter of 5 minutes, I watched the temp drop from 61 to 45!! Within the hour, it was down to 27!

Sound like some better cold weather gear and some spiked tires will have you back on the road.

What's your address for some Christmas gifts? :beerchug:

snowbusa.jpg

snowwheelie.jpg

studtire.jpg

tirestuds.jpg

looks like a perfectly good way to fug up a tire ... and that exhaust ... geeze as$

Glad you got one more ride in Hal I havent seen my bike in a while ... anyone seen PD startin to wonder if he really is alive out there in the crotch of LI :poke: :whistle:

A sad, yet heartwarming tale. I'm glad you got out on your joy, Hal.

We're always accepting visitors here in SoCal, though... Maybe a mid-winter getaway?

:beerchug:

You went further than I did. I went around the block and called it good. It's Battery Tender season at my place :).

i remember those days back in omaha, you would have a great day in the am, and by sunset you would have sworn you were in a different state!~
no problems like that here in AZ, though it is really cold.

:thumbsup:

Sorry for the sad year ending GSXecite.:rofl:

I hit mine yeasterday at 71 degrees here in the GA. If I did not have to go to work tonight, I would be on it instead of the org. now.:whistle:

Remember there is always next year.:thumbsup:

A sad, yet heartwarming tale. I'm glad you got out on your joy, Hal.

We're always accepting visitors here in SoCal, though... Maybe a mid-winter getaway?

:beerchug:

I need to save my $$ for Reno!:thumbsup:

Sorry for the sad year ending GSXecite.:rofl:

I hit mine yeasterday at 71 degrees here in the GA. If I did not have to go to work tonight, I would be on it instead of the org. now.:whistle:

Remember there is always next year.:thumbsup:
I talked to my dad Monday night and he was sitting on the front porch in shorts!:moon: He lives 50 miles south of Macon.

i put my bike away on thanksgiving weekend every year. just a habit of mine and to be honest i dont even bring it out if we have an extremely warm day

Wake up Sunday morning, and although the wind was blowing hard with gusts up to 40 MPH, it was almost 60 out. I thought to myself, I'm going for a ride. By time I hooked the truck up to the trailer so I can get the busa out of the garage, it was near 9 am. I take off to the north on I 29. With the wind coming from the south, the busa feels like it has 250 hp! After blasting around the Kansas City area for a couple of hours, I come around a corner and the temperature fell 30 deg.! My shield fogged over making it very hard to see, and I went from very comfortable to colder than heck in an instant! I turned toward home and ran out of the cold air about two miles down the road, made it home and put the busa in the garage just as the wind changed direction and it got cold. On monday our high temp was 11 deg, and today it is 9 deg and snowing. The next week looks cold with several days of snow. Looks like I may have made the last ride of the year!:(

Yeah, that temp change was UNREAL!

A friend of mine went to the Chiefs' game, and about froze his AZZ off! He said it was pretty nice (about 60) when they left, (they decided not to wear their overalls) before they even got into the gate it was like 30-40deg.

I'll bet they wear the overalls next time.:whistle::laugh:

Back