Laid off again

Dang Kev...you got my home number. give me a "you rang" when you get your nose out of the books.

New Apartment???

Very sorry to hear this Kevin, I have to ask too, what do you do? We may be able to help.

I do electro-mechanical machine building repair, troubleshooting and design.
I do machining, welding, pnuematics, hydraulics, electrical and mechanical work.

if youre into to traveling. theres some pipeline work up there for enbridge and a big company out of eau claire called precision. youll have to join a union and start at the bottom unless you can drive equipment, but you can still make some decent money.

I do machining, welding, pnuematics, hydraulics, electrical and mechanical work.

presume that you would want to stay in that area?

I'm really sorry it didn't work out for you, Kevin. Surely something will come through soon. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

I am in the same field. I've been driving a fork lift just to have a job.

I was laid off last week after nine years. My job was out sourced to India.
Kindly do the needful!!

sorry to hear this bro! you have my number, please feel free to use it anytime :beerchug:

This economy really sucks. Its really hard to count on anything anymore... Really sorry to hear about the job loss.

Have you ever looked into working for one of the railroads? I would think they would be interested in someone with your skills. Sorry to hear this and hope something comes up soon for you.

Dang - sorry to hear, Kevin :(

Have you ever looked into working for one of the railroads? I would think they would be interested in someone with your skills. Sorry to hear this and hope something comes up soon for you.

I'm with Hal. BNSF has a training facility in Overland Park... You may want to look into it...

Sorry to hear this Lurch. Hopefully you can find something quick. Like that old saying about striking the iron while it's hot. Good luck and let us know if you would be willing to relocate. I would be willing to keep my eye out for you if anything pops up in NC, but not sure if that's an option for you.

Back