la police out of control???

Most of the Leos these days are pushed to their last nerve or bring there emotions to work so eventually the are bound to snap.

The Leos are human to but that doesnt make it right.

I teach Defensive tactics at the state police academy and am a certified PPCT (Pressure point control tactics) instructor. The segment of the academy that I teach deals with self defense, ground fighting, weapon retention and all facets of handcuffing in addition to some other things.

In that first video based on what we see, there is no reason for the beating that suspect received.

Having said that, officers are held to a different standard than civilians. Officers are held to the standard of "what would a similarly trained officer have done in that situation?", not what would any given citizen have done. Officers have to make split second decisions. They make those decisions and are held accountable for their actions based on the information they knew AT THE TIME of the decision.

That is all to say, they officers in that first video could have handled that situation entirely differently based on what I saw, but we don't know what they knew in that moment.

The idiot in the second video got everything he deserved. I wish there had been a couple more officers there to help out.

Nothing wrong with the third video.

Don

(HOLE SHOT KID @ Nov. 12 2006,09:47)
On the second one ,now thats funny because he deserved that
jump9.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
USN05LE ok that makes sense.

You teach selfdefense? Dont you teach a lighter+ lets say weaker person girl or whatever go 4 chock hold right away??? THats most devastating hold there is correct.JUst from what I have seen on ultimate fight on tv
lurk.gif
muscle.gif

Seems like there is a lot more to that story..
Having a knee on your throat is no fun but is a tactical response to control an unruly perp. You wanna put somebody on the ground? The throat will get them down.
The crackhead in one of those videos didn't look much like brutality to me.
Who knows what happened in that mob/protest video but the LEOs were under duress wearing riot gear so they were on the edge already and having a big loudmouth egging them on regardless of his mental capacity didn't help them.

Holeshot, no.

You NEVER go force on force. Especially if there is a significant size difference. I have been a martial artist for over 20 years. The best tactic in self defense if awareness. Don't put yourself in bad situation. The choke hold that you see on UFC is a rear naked choke. It is a submission hold. It is very very dangerous.

Projekt,
As a law enforcement officer, if you break it you bought it, meaning that every time you lay hands on a suspect, you are responsible for his/her safety and well being. An attack on the throat is a deadly force assault. Deadly force assaults w/o using a weapon is almost never accepted. If you used a deadly force assault w/o a weapon, odds are you could have used a weapon (baton, pepper spray, or tazer) taken control of your subject WITHOUT the deadly force. It is safer for both the officer and the suspect.

Don

First video: No surprise there, LAPD is the worlds largest street gang, and proud of it. I grew up there, them and LA County Sheriff's Dep't are known for givin an ass whippin
Second video: Oh well, dumbass.
Third video: Nothing wrong with that, handled very well. If a guy is gonna be uncooperative, force is required.

Not justifying any of the activity on the videos nor will I monday morning quarterback unless there is begining to end video. Having been in similiar situations on the street, it does become a survial thing, who wants to live or make it home at the end of the day. Some people handle stress better than others and no entrance process will screen out what an applicant will do when the crap really hits the fan until it actually does. I traveled the country for a while teaching "high risk urban K9 training" we trained for the worse case senario to include mock gun battles with loud 38 blanks and simunition. So the officer would react properly under stress. Under that uniform is layers of skin. Some officers forget that. Some don't.

Im no LEO, and I never want to be-Ive been on the other side of the bars too many times, anyway
crazy.gif

but in my experience bouncing the last 4+ years, Ive had to handle sum big unruly drunks n even groups of 4-on-1 (the one being me); I have to agree that its the situation that dictates the reaction. An officer is probly not guna whup you silly if you flip him off from across the street-but get within inches of MY face, and start screaming obscenities at ME-and I'll most likely punch your lights out in 3 seconds flat-cuz Im human, and I dont like being threatened much.
I think sitn on that guys neck is a pretty over-the-top tactic regardless, but again-we dont see what started that scenario; that guy may have been on drugs, or already swung on the officers-any time Ive deemed someone to be too big a threat (i.e: swingn at me or anyone else) Ive always put them on the ground or gone for a hold that limits their ability to move-and choke hold or arm bar does that nicely without bustin up their face. (course if I actually got hit-you best believe Im about to return that favor)

in my experience, LEOs are always threatend by the unknown-so if you talk normally, DONT swear at them, and never give them any resistance-you wont get the s**t kicked outta you...if you're 6' 7" n over 200lbs, you might have a larger audience (i.e:more cops), but none of them are gonna run up n jump on your throat unless yuo are acting like a crazy idiot.
so think about that next time you see some guy getn his azz handed to him by the police...or anybody else for that matter.

No time to read remainder of thread, must shower and dress out so I can get to abusing the good citizens.
argue.gif

Man, if you guys get worked up over that stuff, you dont want to know what goes on behind the walls of the prisons. The 2nd two videos were fine, hell the LEO's in the 3rd vid need to be commended for how they handled that stressfull situation. I tend to believe the 2nd vid was fake as hell. The 1st vid, well it comes down to getting the cuffs on. We dont know what happened before that, hell they might have shown a huge amount of restraint had the guy had a weapon. A right cross to the chops sure beats lead poisoning.

i heard on the news the guy ran when they caught him he went for one of the officers guns but not verified.i say if you cant lay down and put your hands behind your back like your told the first time you deserve an azz whoopin!just like those car chases we see on tv all the time i hate it.they should give them a mile to pull over if they run its a year in prison for every mile after with no parole,that would put a stop to that crap real quick.

Every time I see a video like that, for better or for worse, this is the first thing that comes to my mind.

not safe for work or for kids...[/url]

(RaveCrusader @ Nov. 12 2006,22:03) Every time I see a video like that, for better or for worse, this is the first thing that comes to my mind.

not safe for work or for kids...[/url]
That's funny.

Back