Just saying Hello...

PastorJeff

Registered
Just wanted to officially say hello to everyone here on Busa.org!

This is a wonderful site and I have to say that the people here have been wonderful!

I have not ridden a bike since high school (which has been 15-16 years!) and really want a Busa really bad.  But after reading the threads here I have decided to wait and build up to a Busa over the next 3-4 years.  I want to make sure that I do this right.

I am going to be starting out on an old 1960's Kawasaki that has been sitting in my parents garage for the last 8 years.  Going to get my feet wet with that, then probably purchase a Katana in the fall when the prices drop.

Went and looked at a Katana 750 and it looks like a great bike.  Same size (length that is) and should hopefully give me a good feel for the speedbike, and prepare me for the Busa (if anything can really prepare you for that
smile.gif
)

Anyways, thanks again for a wonderful site!

Jeffrey

{{Edit - Yes...I am really a Pastor for an Evangelical Free Church in Northern Illinois (a Youth Pastor), I am 35 years old, married, and have two beatutiful children. The Sr. Pastor where I work is a good friend of mine and he has been riding most of his life...so he will be working with me on my riding skills}}

<!--EDIT|PastorJeff
Reason for Edit: "To add information"|1082672374 -->

Rock on, PJ! Sounds like a good plan working up to a busa, but you might get the urge to go there quicker than you think! Whatever you ride, you are welcome and I hope you enjoy our wacky lil world know as Hayabusa.org. Watch your back though... I hear there's LOADS of those crazed christian-types on here. Only because we want to ride THE heavenly motorcycle!
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082689368 -->

Well, welcome to the board, Jeff! Glad to have you on and hope you enjoy the ride! I can relate to your situation because I bought a Kat 750 before my 'Busa so I would get back into the feel of riding! It is a great bike. Very comfortable and with sufficient power. You are right there is nothing that will prepare you for the 'Busa. Not to tempt you really, but a GSXR 750 might help you prepare better for it if that's what you want.

Again, welcome to the board!

Right on, the Kat 750 is allmost identical in size to the Busa, and weighs about the same. Good step. Best part is that you should be able to find a nice Kat 750 for not a whole lot of money...

Welcome again PJ

Welcome, Pastor....

Whatever you do, just ride safe and don't forget the gear...

Official welcome PJ, I sense the level of maturity in your threads/posts and being that you're a man of God I worry not about your purchase and maturation in the cycle world as well.  I'm in agreement that 3-4 years is a long time to hold out (better have some Job, Esther or Joseph type patience
tounge.gif
).  Congrats/welcome and all that good stuff & you're definitely welcome to stick around for convo/questions regardless of what you're riding.  Oh yeah, how about keeping the h.org family in your prayers as well.

God bless,
BD

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082719895 -->

Welcome to the board Jeff! Good for you for really thinking about how to get yourself on a Busa...you'll be on one before you know it!

smile.gif

Thanks everyone...you guys are great.

I am not sure why, but there is a really interesting dynamic on this board that you do NOT see on other boards. People here seem very friendly, and I have not seen any newbie bashing or "bike attitude" that normally comes with your normal "motorcycle forum".

I think that it is great! I hope this attitude is shared with a majority of sportbikers that I meet!

Is this a Hayabusa owner type of thing or is it sportbikers in general?

Either way, you guys are great. I am so glad that I found this board. I look forward to the day that I can post that I have purchased my 'Busa!

Thanks again!

Jeffrey

Thanks everyone...you guys are great.

I am not sure why, but there is a really interesting dynamic on this board that you do NOT see on other boards.  People here seem very friendly, and I have not seen any newbie bashing or "bike attitude" that normally comes with your normal "motorcycle forum".

I think that it is great!  I hope this attitude is shared with a majority of sportbikers that I meet!

Is this a Hayabusa owner type of thing or is it sportbikers in general?

Either way, you guys are great.  I am so glad that I found this board.  I look forward to the day that I can post that I have purchased my 'Busa!

Thanks again!

Jeffrey
It's hard to say Jeffrey...I've met some super great sport bikers in my journeys from all walks of life, so I think there are good guys/gals on sport bikes all over

On the Internet, it seems that some things done in the name of entertainment start to take away from the basis of other forums/sites...if those that are members there don't mind, then I say let them have their fun...

This site is different; that's why so many stay...several are members on other boards, but this one seems to be home to a great group of people that really only want to share experiences in a more positive way...have some fun and joke, share information and learn, yet maintain some semblance of order...

Captain runs a tight ship (to quote the "not quoted enough" Revlis!)...he keeps it clean, kids can hang out here and not get in trouble with the parents...it's a good site...very different from so many others out there, but that's not to say that those people are necessarily bad...they just get full reign of what they say and post and sometimes that can get out of hand IMHO...

Glad captain's set up this site and structured it the way it is...

Glad you found it...if you hang around long enough, I suspect you'll be Busa shopping before too long! It's a sickness!!!
tounge.gif

Back