just curious...

OZZY

DOIN' WORK...
Donating Member
Registered
i may be totally off on this but do you have to drive the dragon to get to the hotels in robbinsville?? no big deal if ya do, just some curiousity.....

Where you coming from, Ohio??? You want the most direct route, or scenic drive???

From the North, traveling trhu Knoxville or Maryville, yes, you will come thru the Gap to get to Robbinsville.

Or you can get to Robbinsville by going thru Gatlinburg, over to Cherokee, then Bryson City to Robbinsville.

From the South you can get to Robbinsville via the Cherohala skyway.

Can't wait.
beerchug.gif

(badassbusa03 @ Feb. 10 2007,22:03) prob all depends on which way you are coming in from. im not sure, but the locals should know or MAP QUEST
when i did mmapquest it had me coming down us129. i just dont wanna be the arsehole holding people up on the dragon when im puling my trailer.

(zxrider11 @ Feb. 10 2007,22:09) Where you coming from, Ohio???  You want the most direct route, or scenic drive???

From the North, traveling trhu Knoxville or Maryville, yes, you will come thru the Gap to get to Robbinsville.

Or you can get to Robbinsville by going thru Gatlinburg, over to Cherokee, then Bryson City to Robbinsville.

From the South you can get to Robbinsville via the Cherohala skyway.
if i route the trip through gatlinburg then i will come out on us129 just a few miles from the hotel im stayin at. that may be the best option for me since i wont have to navigate the dragon pulling a trailer with 2 bikes.

(ozzy04 @ Feb. 10 2007,19:20)
(badassbusa03 @ Feb. 10 2007,22:03) prob all depends on which way you are coming in from. im not sure, but the locals should know or MAP QUEST
when i did mmapquest it had me coming down us129. i just dont wanna be the arsehole holding people up on the dragon when im puling my trailer.
biggrin.gif
Don't worry
laugh.gif

We drove through 129 with a truck pulling three bikes, just take your time. This year we are not using the trailer just putting them in the truck....
SHOCKED.gif

(mzrsq @ Feb. 10 2007,23:01) Haven't decided yet, but when you pulling out Ozzy
rock.gif
scheduled to head out weds. april 25th in the AM..... staying at the microtel inn...... headin back mon april 30th...... let me know if u wanna meet up. i sent chrisr an email seein when he was headin out. figured we could all meet up and roll together.

u can contact me on my email if u'd like...

davidosborne@neo.rr.com

Should be no problem pulling your trailer. Last year I came through pulling a 7X14 enclosed trailer on Friday AM. This year I'll be pulling the 8X20. With a small trailer it shouldn't be necessary, but I'll have some of the guys ride ahead of me to caution the oncoming traffic that a larger vehicle is coming, and there are places you can get over to let anyone slowed up behind you by.

if you can get there mid day wed, you shouldnt have much issue crossing the gap.... I wouldnt want to do it at night for sure and certainly not your first pass ever
wow.gif

I have an 18ft trailer that I have pulled through the dragon. So you can make it OK. Like they said take your time and try to do it early in the day. I dont know how your going down but you might look at the Cherohala Skyway. From Maryville take 411 south to 68 to Tellico Plains then across on the Skyway. I have gone both ways there is alot less traffic and tight corners if you go on the Skyway.

well we are gonna be stayin in gatlinburg on tuesday so we will be rolling into robbinsville around noonish on weds. looks like the mapquest has us going another way and running into 129 right there in robbinsville. im not sweating it. i know id make it down but i jsut didnt wanna be the azzhat holding up the riders.

I dont think I would worry about holding people up on the dragon. Ya gota get there one way or another. They can pass.

Back