just complaining

teamorion22

Registered
So i recently bought a home and this happened.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/106361-post-homeinspection-problem.html

that was a while back and since i got the inspector to pay my deductable. then i paid carpet one an additional 1700 to upgrade my laminate floating floor to engineered wood that glues directly to the concrete subfloor. supposedly the look, feel, and sound of real wood and tuff as laminate. there where supposed to be here at 9am to install. its ten am now and they have not showed or called. super bogus. so i called at about 0930 and dude said the humidity has them running behind. its been raining here on and off for about three days. so you have been running this late for 3 straight days? whatever. crap like this is just unacceptable to me and really ticks me off. people are so concerned with things that they have little or no control over like our gov't and swine flu. meanwhile they can't even do what they say they will do on a daily basis. if it wasnt for the whole insurance deal i would tell them to take a hike and go elsewhere
thanks for reading and letting me vent
michael

Take a couple deep breaths... You are not the only one who is taking it up the arse believe me. Although sometimes it can feel that way!

they cannot install when there is high humidity, the flooring will not turn out right and will warp or not glue down properly.and when it dries out it will shrink leaving large cracks at the connection points..they should have atleast called you and told u they was runing behind or to rescedual....good luck..but keep in mind atleast they arent trying to rush and do an improper install...
:poke:

thanks for the input.
it looks like they will be here just in time for their lunch break. oh well. not much i can do. if only i could get off work this evening i could have a beer

Dont ever turn contractor...delays are just part of the biz... you might be lucky they are taking their time with the moisture... put that stuff down and it is to wet? I bet your troubles would only be starting..

update

they arrive at 1230. only 3 and a half hours late. not too bad. they say they can finish at 530. i am supposed to b at work at 330. i am trying to get a friend to come stay here until they leave so i can leave and go to work. we'll see what happens.
thanks for rooting for me everbody
michael

Contractor and in this case subcontractors delays are very typical. They should have called. I always enjoy wasting my day sitting around waiting on them. :laugh:

its over!!!!!!!!!!

over 500sqft of real wood. utility dining and living room plus 2 hallways. couple quik pics

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

Back