I've got a 1397 on the way

TJFAST

Registered
I've going to order my kit. Has there been any problems starting or over heating? Whats best for the street 13:1 or 12:1. Thanks.
muscle.gif

Can heat up a little more but nothing that different. Get a fan switch put on for heavy stopped traffic. Starting I would say make sure you get enough battery juice in, that is where the starter could be a problem. I see lots of guys running a second 12 volt battery for the extra juice. I have seen a couple batteries out there that are 4 inches long and 2wide x 4 high for backup only. Other ways to do it also, but let the builders on the site tell you how.

I wonder if a compression release system would be a viable alternative to two batteries?
wow.gif

12.1 would be better for street riding secondary fan on a switch will help keep things cool. look for a gixxer 1000 fan. if this happens to be an 02 make sure to change your starter out for a 03 an up.

<!--EDIT|badassblackbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149539216 -->

if you are looking for the street you can go with the 12/1 and you shouldn t need a second battery but if you go with the 13/1 i would install that second battery

(badassblackbusa @ Jun. 05 2006,16:25) 12.1 would be better for street riding secondary fan on a switch will help keep things cool. look for a gixxer 1000 fan. if this happens to be an 02 make sure to change your starter out for a 03 an up.
whats the deal with the staters? recall
rock.gif

Back