It's anti-human :(

The payout was something like $15K with an additional $5K if you identified as LGBTQ.

I called it "hush money" as now the government can say they awarded a cash settlement to military members who felt offended or intimidated....

Heaven help these people in a battlefield environment....many of the "older" soldiers still serving that I talk to say they certainly wouldn't want to go to war with any of their subordinates.

It brings us around to the original post in this thread.....we can only take so much at face value to know what the reality is.....

I'd sure like to have heard the conversation between the VAC person and this person asking for a wheelchair ramp.

Person "I need a wheelchair ramp, what can be done to help?"
VAC "why would you want one, when you can opt to be euthanized instead..."

I'm sure it went just like that too....I've never, ever heard of such an offer given to anyone I've ever talked to including a double amputee who had no problem getting a wheelchair ramp made.
I've heard similar stories about the overall quality of the volunteers.

I recently got into an exchange about the Navy now lowering their ASVAB entry levels to a 10. They are that desperate for people. Man 10 is close to useless. So imagine training them, failing them, then having to pay them.

We are fooked.

I've heard similar stories about the overall quality of the volunteers.

I recently got into an exchange about the Navy now lowering their ASVAB entry levels to a 10. They are that desperate for people. Man 10 is close to useless. So imagine training them, failing them, then having to pay them.

We are fooked.
I blame society as a whole for this.

Our basic training (and pretty much all training) was watered down and standards dropped to lower levels in order to try and maintain our numbers. Course staff were basically told to pass candidates regardless of their capabilities, the standard was lowered to meet them.

When I joined, the mandate was to break us down and rid us of our civilian ideals and build us back up in the image the military desired....and it worked, we weeded out the undesirables and kept those who wanted to be there. Now the undesirables who are unemployable outside the military are rising to positions of authority creating all kinds of issues.

The other side of the coin is-this is not isolated to the military, even schools have the same mandate, kids are graduating high school who are borderline unable to do math or the other basics...they are pushed through.

The other side of the coin is-this is not isolated to the military, even schools have the same mandate, kids are graduating high school who are borderline unable to do math or the other basics...they are pushed through.
Yep. We've been dumbing down America for about 30ish years now. I was talking to a retired hospital CEO. We got around to this. Medical school isn't about turning out good doctors now. It's about getting as many as possible out into the trenches. It takes years to learn how to be a good doctor. We can't afford years.

Then it turned to the following which he agreed to.

If your under the age of 40, you really don't know how bad things are. You don't know what a good America was. They are in the America that is in decline. Buts it's normal. It's what you know. It's all you know. Yes education is pandering to it. Teach a culture where everyone wins, by sharing your losses. Everybody gets a trophy for showing up now.

Yep. We've been dumbing down America for about 30ish years now. I was talking to a retired hospital CEO. We got around to this. Medical school isn't about turning out good doctors now. It's about getting as many as possible out into the trenches. It takes years to learn how to be a good doctor. We can't afford years.

Then it turned to the following which he agreed to.

If your under the age of 40, you really don't know how bad things are. You don't know what a good America was. They are in the America that is in decline. Buts it's normal. It's what you know. It's all you know. Yes education is pandering to it. Teach a culture where everyone wins, by sharing your losses. Everybody gets a trophy for showing up now.
It's like this all over the globe.

I have been going to the va since my discharge in 1970 I am still alive I can still ride my motorcycle some times you have to learn how the system works and use this to your advantage. When I see wrong i document it and send letters !

I have been going to the va since my discharge in 1970 I am still alive I can still ride my motorcycle some times you have to learn how the system works and use this to your advantage. When I see wrong i document it and send letters !
While this is true, I will say I've watched the really sick that the VA is 100% responsible for, get nothing but b/s in support. It's a cost thing. If they are sick, it's going to cost them a lot.

They didn't plan on all the medical issues that arose from the expected duties a vet did.

Do some vets abuse it? Absolutely. The ones that don't, deserve all the resources expected. Without a laundry list of excuses they get.

Back