It has been awhile since i posted some...

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Hokay so.  About 10 years ago I bought a poster at the Quantico Exchange.  It is a drawing of Marines from different periods since the birth of the Corps; they are all in a bar drinking and toasting the Corps.  Well, my wife asked me about it the other day (last Wed) ... I didn't think anything of it.  So, on Sun she mentions that we have to go to the local dirt mall to look at something... well, she had gotten the poster framed.

Now sorry this is such a bad pic, but the flash was just killing me on the reflection. Anyway, if you can't make it out, here's the skinny:
The frame is gold colored and has an embossed rope on the outside. The inner mat is blue on red.

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141714470 -->

DSC04182.JPG

The small description/title. You can make out the matting now, with the blue and red...

DSC04186.JPG

Another view of the pic. She hung it in our living room.

DSC04185.JPG

Hokay - so this is where it gets interesting. For you Marines, what do you notice about this drawing/poster?

DSC04184.JPG

Can't tell? Here's another one...

DSC04187.JPG

Hokay - If you still can't tell - all of the Marines depicted here are Officers. I hadn't noticed. Been carrying this thing around for 10 years and never noticed. Then she hits me with the kicker. She says "Why do you think I got the gold frame with the rope and the blue and red matting?" Uhhhh, cause they look good? No she says.
The gold is for the enlisted emblem that I wore; the blue on red is for when I got my blood stripe and the poster with all the officers is for when I got my commission."

Dayum, I says. I just thought it was a cool poster. She's a keeper.

She put a lot of thought into that
cool.gif

Here's to Mrs.MC MUSTANG
beerchug.gif

Back